Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: F1 - no spoilers please chaps....
Jasper

posted on 26/3/12 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
F1 - no spoilers please chaps....

As we are going to be watching the F1 at different times now because of bloody Sky can we please have no spoilers like 'Well done Perez!!' in the subject line of topics as it just ruins it for those who haven't seen it yet.

I saw it had been deleted, but it was too late by then, I spent the time watching the race wondering where he came on the podium!!

Thanks chaps.

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

westf27

posted on 26/3/12 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
with you on that

trouble is I now find whilst waiting for the race,better not answer the phone,watch the news,listen to the radio,talk to neighbours,go down the pub or go on this site.

Just have to lock myself in the garage

Iaing

posted on 26/3/12 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
BBC news at 10 spoiled it for me!

Mk Indy R - Hayabusa Power

roadrunner

posted on 26/3/12 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by westf27
trouble is I now find whilst waiting for the race,better not answer the phone,watch the news,listen to the radio,talk to neighbours,go down the pub or go on this site.

Just have to lock myself in the garage

Plus 1.
I had dinner round at farther in laws yesterday, and all he had on all afternoon was BBC news 24. I had to sit in the garden to make sure I didn't here the bloody results.

stevec

posted on 26/3/12 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
Yeh, keep it to WELL DONE BERNIE cos that happens every week.

Steve

Jasper

posted on 26/3/12 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
God yes, trying to avoid the result is a nightmare - when I go to turn the TV one later I have to do it with the sound down and only the corner of the screen visisble out of the corner of my eye just to make sure I don't see the result before I can start the recording of it!!

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

britishtrident

posted on 26/3/12 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jasper
As we are going to be watching the F1 at different times now because of bloody Sky can we please have no spoilers like 'Well done Perez!!' in the subject line of topics as it just ruins it for those who haven't seen it yet.

I saw it had been deleted, but it was too late by then, I spent the time watching the race wondering where he came on the podium!!

Thanks chaps.

No dictating what people can and can't (truthfully) say is deeply wrong.
We can all watch every F1 race live for free on the web, the picture quality ain't great but it is free to web.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

ash_hammond

posted on 26/3/12 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
Agreed. The give Football a spoiler warning but not F1.

quote:
Originally posted by Iaing
BBC news at 10 spoiled it for me!

.: www.mac1motorsports.co.uk | www.m1moc.com :.

vanepico

posted on 26/3/12 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
I'm pretty sure they couldn't make those incredible lap times without spoilers!

Oh wrong type of spoiler!

PS damon hill won it

[Edited on 26/3/12 by vanepico]

Johneturbo

posted on 26/3/12 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
Guys remember you don't need sky to watch it live, RTL is a good option with R5L comms or in my case RTL with a stream of sky so i can use the audio from that

[Edited on 26/3/12 by Johneturbo]

mad-butcher

posted on 26/3/12 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I was the one that posted "well done Perez" and deleted it after a u2u asking politely, I was quite prepared to leave it there especially with the dick head calling me a knob. What kind of person goes on a car based forum then into a sub-forum called "anything else car related " and doesn't expect to see the result posted.
bit like me playing football in the sunday league on cup final day and expecting a spectator not to shout out the result goal by goal
you do realise that now it's got up your noses someone is deliberately going to post the results don't you.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Tiger Super Six

posted on 26/3/12 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mad-butcher
Yes I was the one that posted "well done Perez" and deleted it after a u2u asking politely, I was quite prepared to leave it there especially with the dick head calling me a knob. What kind of person goes on a car based forum then into a sub-forum called "anything else car related " and doesn't expect to see the result posted.
bit like me playing football in the sunday league on cup final day and expecting a spectator not to shout out the result goal by goal
you do realise that now it's got up your noses someone is deliberately going to post the results don't you.

I would agree - if I didn't want to know an F1 result the last place I would log on is a car forum

If I miss a race the radio is off, no forums, facebook, twitter etc. It's the one time I am happy for kids TV to be on as it never appears on Disney or Nick Jnr

Mark

Tiger Avon

coyoteboy

posted on 26/3/12 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
No dictating what people can and can't (truthfully) say is deeply wrong.
We can all watch every F1 race live for free on the web, the picture quality ain't great but it is free to web.

I find that a bit daft really, all you have to do is adjust your thread title to include "spoiler" and not actually do the spoiling and you can still discuss whatever you like.

blakep82

posted on 26/3/12 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mad-butcher

can't remember who it was that wrote, that, wasn't me anyway.
its not really a case of going into a forum, then into a sub forum then seeing it, it was right there on the main page, if you log on to see if you have any replies to your thread, and don't want to know any answers, it was right there in front of you.
yes, i'd agree that you should maybe avoid car related forums, but its also very easy to just have title like 'Malaysian GP'...
much easier to avoid.

ok it turns out he didn't win, but i watched the whole thing expecting he did ha ha.
just please bear in mind not everyone is watching on sky, please don't put the main point of posting in the title.

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

maccmike

posted on 26/3/12 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.vipbox.tv/

no more having it spoilt..

MikeRJ

posted on 26/3/12 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
I'd suggest not looking at websites or forums dedicated to cars if you don't want to know the result; it's hardly an unavoidable situation is it? Either way the result is far less exciting than the race itself, knowing it in advance is hardly a life changing event.
peter bland

posted on 26/3/12 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
The spoiler for me was Perez not winning. I think the radio message distracted him,plus the prospects of a possible Ferrari drive !!!!
blakep82

posted on 26/3/12 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
I'd suggest not looking at websites or forums dedicated to cars if you don't want to know the result; it's hardly an unavoidable situation is it?

i'd suggest people don't put anything in the title, except 'malaysian GP' for example. helps make it avoidable doesn't it? simple. no need for an arguement about it, just don't do it!

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

JoelP

posted on 26/3/12 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
It simple manners and no effort at all to keep the title clean and mention F1 so that people know to avoid it if they dont want it spoiled. Its been forum etiquette for years, and is more important than ever since so many people will be watching later.

Which is easier, someone having manners and thinking about their title, or someone else having to avoid the forum until they have seen the race? Or is it just post what you like and to hell with anyone else?

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

jacko

posted on 26/3/12 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
The only answer i can see is if i don't come on the forum until i have seen the f1 race .
Only trouble with that is if anyone needs info fast and then i cant help them that morning / day

Please please put spoiler in your title thank you all Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark Allanson

posted on 27/3/12 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by maccmike
http://www.vipbox.tv/

no more having it spoilt..

DON'T DO IT - LAUNCHES A NASTY LITTLE VIRUS CALLED SEARCHNU

I am still trying to get rid of it now

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

clairetoo

posted on 27/3/12 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
I'd suggest not looking at websites or forums dedicated to cars if you don't want to know the result; it's hardly an unavoidable situation is it?

i'd suggest people don't put anything in the title, except 'malaysian GP' for example. helps make it avoidable doesn't it? simple. no need for an arguement about it, just don't do it!

I'm with you on this , Blake - all I did was click on Firefox to look for something on ebay - and Locostbuilders just happens to be my home page . And that was my day ruined

So I allready have to avoid the telly , the phone and radio - do I now have to leave Locostbuilders to be able to watch every delayed race without knowing the result ?

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

Ninehigh

posted on 27/3/12 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe you should agree to title the thread "Suchaplace GP discussion" so everyone knows it's going to contain discussion of it and keep away.

Although this does remind me of The Likely Lads where they had made a bet that they wouldn't find out the England score until the highlights came on in the evening.
"I saw it, it said 'England f..' "
"Well there we go, England failed, or England flop"

Turns out it was "England flooded out" as the match was abandoned

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.