Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: It lives (again....)!!!!
richard thomas

posted on 2/4/12 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
It lives (again....)!!!!

Wooaaahaaahaaahaaarrrrrrr

It's alive!!!!

Replaced perished fuel hoses, put a splash of fuel in the tank.....cranked it a bit and off she went...after 3 whole years lost and untouched in the garage.

Only problem was a sticking No.2 injector, whipped it out, gave it a poke and happy days..Japanese reliability eh?

Now I have dirty hands and my clothes stink of hydrocarbons....just like it should be!

Couple of little jobs to do, and i am booking the MOT up....

GETTIN!!!!!

Edited to add: it's a lot louder than i remember, didn't rev it past 6000rpm (redline for CEC, tickover for BEC... har har )...the neighbours are going to love me, only been in this house for 3 years so they haven't really been subjected to it much....also realising i will have to learn to drive it again - it used to occasionally frighten the smoke out of me when i drove it regularly....then again that was when i lived in S Wales with plenty of cracking roads to hit locally - not so many good roads around these parts

[Edited on 2/4/12 by richard thomas]

MsD

posted on 2/4/12 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
Congratulations!

No good roads around Lancashire.. I beg to differ! My back door leads onto the Trough of Bowland!

Nice to hear its all running again.. What engine is in it?

Mark.

fesycresy

posted on 2/4/12 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
Have you changed the diff ratio yet?

And get that turbo fitted

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

richard thomas

posted on 2/4/12 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fesycresy
Have you changed the diff ratio yet?

And get that turbo fitted

No, and no....not yet anyway, all part of the glorious 5 year plan...

richard thomas

posted on 2/4/12 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MsD
Congratulations!

No good roads around Lancashire.. I beg to differ! My back door leads onto the Trough of Bowland!

Nice to hear its all running again.. What engine is in it?

Mark.

I should apologise....I meant that when living back in Wales I was minutes from the Bwlch and Rhigos roads, however now I will have to have a drive out to find some space...maybe you can give me a tour of the best roads oop here sometime?

Busa powered, by the way.....

I just had to post the fact that it's running again, it's simply the best feeling which i hadn't experienced for a while....but now the bug has bitten again.....

andyfiggy2002

posted on 3/4/12 at 05:57 AM Reply With Quote
i just got mine through MOT yesterday after a year & a half SORNED due to no work so itching to drive it again, shame we both missed the sunny weather last week & winters now come back with a vengeance, damn
bobinspain

posted on 3/4/12 at 06:48 AM Reply With Quote
Can't help but comment on the striking thread-heading and the how well it chimes with Mary Shelly's original creation, (Frankenstein).

"It lives" isn't far off the words in the Boris Karloff version of the film: "It's alive."

A creature cobbled together with various parts to make a working entity has 'life' breathed into it by electricity.

I feel all poetic. Think I'll go and clean the car until it wears off.

richard thomas

posted on 3/4/12 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bobinspain
Can't help but comment on the striking thread-heading and the how well it chimes with Mary Shelly's original creation, (Frankenstein).

"It lives" isn't far off the words in the Boris Karloff version of the film: "It's alive."

A creature cobbled together with various parts to make a working entity has 'life' breathed into it by electricity.

Thanks Bob, glad somebody got it.....it's exactly how i felt! I even had the jump leads on it.....The only thing I was missing was thunder and lightening at the time...

bobinspain

posted on 3/4/12 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by richard thomas
quote:
Originally posted by bobinspain

Thanks Bob, glad somebody got it.....it's exactly how i felt! I even had the jump leads on it.....The only thing I was missing was thunder and lightening at the time...

You must've picked a fair-weather day (night) Richard.
As a Lancastrian, I've had many a lads' night out in Blackpool and have driven through Lytham of dozens of occasions.
As a young lad in the 50s we'd go by coach on the pub outing and travel through Lytham en-route to Blackpool. First to spot the tower got a shiny sixpence!
I recall it rained a lot.

easisatman

posted on 3/4/12 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
"You know it makes sense"
stevegough

posted on 5/4/12 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
Glad to hear you got your old bus sorted, Rich! When you brought it round to visit me late in 2008 I was just starting out building - as I remember, you gave me a few problems to sort that I didn't know I had - eg - reaming out the Sierra uprights to accept the TREs and re-sleeving the Gaz coilovers to name but two! All sorted now, maybe when you get mot'd I can whip your BEC ass around the Trough of Bowland (if you are staying in this country long enough??)

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

richard thomas

posted on 5/4/12 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevegough
Glad to hear you got your old bus sorted, Rich! When you brought it round to visit me late in 2008 I was just starting out building - as I remember, you gave me a few problems to sort that I didn't know I had - eg - reaming out the Sierra uprights to accept the TREs and re-sleeving the Gaz coilovers to name but two! All sorted now, maybe when you get mot'd I can whip your BEC ass around the Trough of Bowland (if you are staying in this country long enough??)

Thanks Steve...doesn't seem that long ago though does it? Still haven't seen yours completed....

Soon as mine it MOT'd I'll give you a shout, can't wait to visit the 'Trough'.....

stevegough

posted on 5/4/12 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by richard thomas

Thanks Steve...doesn't seem that long ago though does it? Still haven't seen yours completed....

Soon as mine it MOT'd I'll give you a shout, can't wait to visit the 'Trough'.....

Now rectified! A bit cool for a run out this morning, but it wasn't so far....good to catch up with you and your 'baby' - cheers for the brew (and the positive comments about my kit) - hope it will spur you on to get your velocity back OTR soon!

You were asking about insurance - here is the poll thread I mentioned: insurance poll

Keep in touch, Steve.

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.