Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ebay and Paypal problem
Davegtst

posted on 8/4/12 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
Ebay and Paypal problem

Hopefully you lot can help me here. I have just sold a set of alloy wheels without tyres on ebay and the winning bidder has 0 feedback. The only other person to bid has 0 feedback aswell. He paid straight after the auction had finished and the money is in my paypal account but i'm worried once i send them on their merry way to Scotland the buyer will say he never received them and claim his money back. Is their anything i can do to avoid this?
madteg

posted on 8/4/12 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Send them so they have to be signed for so you have proof.
Slimy38

Signed for delivery? That's about all you can do. Everyone has to start somewhere, having zero feedback is not necessarily a deal death sentence.
sdh2903

Use a insured tracked delivery service that must be signed for, they can't pull a fast one then.
pdm

posted on 8/4/12 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
as above - make sure you complete tracking info on paypal.

also - if he decides his "mate" will pick them up on his behalf, refund his paypal and insist on cash on collection. otherwise you've no chance if they are collected and he denies it, paypal will refund him

Davegtst

posted on 8/4/12 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
I know i'm being a bit skeptical and everyone has to start somewhere but could he just sign the couriers ticket with some other signature and claim it isn't his? A friend of mine said this happened to him but i'm not 100% sure it really did. Does anyone know any cheap couriers that will fit the bill?
Ben_Copeland

posted on 8/4/12 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst
I know i'm being a bit skeptical and everyone has to start somewhere but could he just sign the couriers ticket with some other signature and claim it isn't his? A friend of mine said this happened to him but i'm not 100% sure it really did. Does anyone know any cheap couriers that will fit the bill?

If its been delivered to the address then it doesnt really matter who signs for it, as its been recorded arriving at that address..

I've never had a problem with stuff thats been sent signed for, the only thing they can do is say its not as described... but they have to send it back for refund

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

plentywahalla

posted on 8/4/12 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
You must have had 0 feedback once!!... You have his money AND the wheels, can he trust you to deliver them?

[Edited on 8/4/12 by plentywahalla]

Rules are for the guidance of wise men ... and the obedience of fools. (anon)

Davegtst

posted on 8/4/12 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Er I have 100% feedback so yes he can trust me. There are so many scams out there now and paypal aren't usually seller friendly,i just don't want to get stung.
FazerBob

posted on 8/4/12 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
I have been using My Hermes couriers lately. Very good prices, collect and deliver when they say they will, and they will get a signature on delivery,
Slimy38

posted on 9/4/12 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst
Er I have 100% feedback so yes he can trust me. There are so many scams out there now and paypal aren't usually seller friendly,i just don't want to get stung.

Ebay itself isn't seller friendly, it's truly shocking how much they side with the buyer. My wife sells a load of stuff on Ebay but nothing more valuable than about a tenner.

Davegtst

posted on 10/4/12 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
Sent him this email a few days ago and have had no reply at all. Would there be any problem if i refunded him the full ammount. I know he could leave me bad feedback but i really don't trust this buyer at all.

Hi, well done for winning. Could you email me your phone number and address you want these wheels posted to please. My email is Davidmorris317@hotmail.com I am going to get these couriered to you and it will need a signature when you receive them. Is there any dates or times you would prefer so i can tell the courier company. Thanks Dave

loggyboy

posted on 10/4/12 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds fair, but I would give him a few more days to reply, and also make sure you send it through ebay so its a recorded message, and it wont end up in his junk email folder.
Davegtst

posted on 13/4/12 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
After sending another email and tring to phone him (ebay gave me a number) i have just given him a refund. Lets see what happends next.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.