Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: XE Megajolt Trigger Wheel?
SALAD

posted on 2/5/12 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
XE Megajolt Trigger Wheel?

What have you XE chaps done regarding the crank pulley and trigger wheel for megajolt?

Standard pulley?
Alloy pulley?
Multigroove?
Single V?

Welded trigger wheel on?
Bolted on?

qwerty_100

posted on 2/5/12 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
I have been thinking about this to I can,t weld it on the front pulley as it is multigroved and will damage rubber so I thought. If I take the six bolts out that mount the inner and outer pully together make a boss to sit on the front and use longer bolts to hold it all together this will keep the trigger whee labout 25mm from groved pulley if that makes sense. One of my concerns is would this cause the pulley to be out of balance and cause issues later on any advise welcome. Kev
nige

posted on 3/5/12 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
ex crank pulley , trigger wheel

i had my grooved pulley machined down to a step to allow the trigger wheel to slip on
was alittle concerned about welding but just put 4 small tacks on and cooled after each tack
seems to have worked a treat

when you start this journey
you think it will be done in " no " time but then " no " turns into a " bloody " long time

blakep82

posted on 3/5/12 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
i've got an XEV engine, with a multi groove pulley which is attached to the timing belt pulley with 4x M8 bolts, all i did was get a special trigger cut to my design, with 4 holes for the bolts to pass through, and a few extra holes to allow water and stuff out.
its good, but doesn't quite centre itself perfectly, so i will get about 1mm band removed by lathe to the pulley sits in this band to help centre everything.

also, i have the sensor pointing at the back of the trigger, helps keep the timing right, even if the trigger isn't perfectly centred
Description
Description

you can sort of get the idea about the bolts here
Description
Description

any use? or is there something i've done really wrong that needs pointing out? lol
my only worry is if the belt snaps for any reason, i lose my crank sensor, but how likely is that going to happen?

[Edited on 3/5/12 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

SALAD

posted on 3/5/12 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
I did think of using the original double V pulley and attach a trigger wheel to it, either careful welding or bolting, but the pulley will have a redundant V where the power steering belt was and be unnecessary.
That could be altered to be the trigger wheel I suppose.....

Or get a lighter alloy pulley and bolt a trigger wheel on......in which case I've answered my own question.

Just wondered what other XE users have used.

SALAD

posted on 4/5/12 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
Has anyone used a double V pulley and converted the redundant front V into a trigger wheel?

How thick do the teeth need to be for megajolt?

Edit: Found this, could be useful: http://members.shaw.ca/pavelb2/miu.html

[Edited on 4/5/12 by SALAD]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.