Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: just paid my phone bill
theconrodkid

posted on 2/5/12 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
just paid my phone bill

as title,it,s about £100 a quarter,i raerly make phone calls and really only use the line for the interweb or incoming calls so are there any other supliers out there (i wont use virgin) that i wont get grief with for less money?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

JoelP

posted on 2/5/12 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
John, my solution is to do away with the landline entirely. Thus saving maybe £13 a month on line rental, and no prank calls.

For internet, i use a 3 mobile dongle. The modem is about £15, the sim card in it comes with 3gb on it and is currently about £8. It lasts up to 3 months. Videos would empty it quickly, but i avoid most vids and make it last about 6 to 8 weeks. When it runs out, chuck it rather than top it up.

So my internet costs about a fiver a month, and is mobile so works anywhere. Also means i dont then need an internet phone so my mobile is also only a tenner a month.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

ReMan

posted on 2/5/12 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
I've been verty happy with PLUSNET £26 for everything including line rental and 8Gig internetness

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

steve m

posted on 2/5/12 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
John are you still using dial up ??
austin man

posted on 2/5/12 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
I use talk talk there are free landline calls after a certain time unlimited internet and line rental for around the £75.00 mark paid monthly at £26.00

[Edited on 2/5/12 by austin man]

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

theconrodkid

posted on 3/5/12 at 07:05 AM Reply With Quote
thanks for that,my mobile is on talk talk so i ll give them a shout.
steve,i have graduated to steam power now

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

steve m

posted on 3/5/12 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
M8, your gettting a bit ahead of yourself there, steam power!!
what ever next!

Peteff

posted on 3/5/12 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
Phones run on that new fangled lectrickery now. We are on an older Talk Talk and it's free local calls at all times. They keep trying to get us to sign a new contract which is less calls for same money by offering half price rental for 3 months but we are leaving it on a monthly rolling contract. Our broadband has been no trouble unlike a lot of people who seem to moan about it or have read on forums and just propagate the rumours, check how far you are from your local exchange. A friend of mine uses a 3 mobile dongle in his laptop and it is a bit temperamental round here (very annoying really)

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

James

posted on 3/5/12 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
We're on TalkTalk too for landline and broadband.

4 years and no problems with it yet.

We have the cheapest deal so free calls Sat and Sun.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

kjouk

posted on 4/5/12 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
I have just moved to Sky (just phone & broadband) for a fairly decent price, not the cheapest but a genuine unlimited service. So far working out fine, connection at least as good as BT.
puma931

posted on 4/5/12 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
I am with orange (icludes line rental) and they off broadband and second line for free UK & international calls. Costs about £35 per month, sometimes more if you call 0845 numbers.
David Jenkins

posted on 4/5/12 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
I used BT for the landline and PlusNet for t'internet, and I was also paying £90 - £100 per quarter for the phone. Moved my phone to PlusNet and cut the phone bill in half!

The only thing that peeves me is that I'm still obliged to pay around £13 to BT for line rental (via PlusNet)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.