Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: throttle pedal return spring
loughlin1

posted on 6/5/12 at 06:08 AM Reply With Quote
throttle pedal return spring

Hi All
would anyone have a picture or pictures of the return spring attached to the throttle pedal please

Slater

posted on 6/5/12 at 06:20 AM Reply With Quote
This thread might help, i posted a pic in it, but it's a spring at the carb end, not at the pedal end.

check it out................

Throttle return spring thread

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

loughlin1

posted on 6/5/12 at 06:36 AM Reply With Quote
yes tried that but it does not seem to return it fully back to start position, i know the cable is not snagged but am i correct in saying that the amount of travel on the carbs is very small ie approx 12-15mm,also the pedal is hard to push by hand and yet the pedal IF THE CABLE WAS NOT CONNECTED is loose
YQUSTA

posted on 6/5/12 at 07:18 AM Reply With Quote
If the pedal is loose on its own then first off i would remove the cable to double check it as its sounds like something is wrong.

if there is no return spring on is it still stiff?

"If in doubt flat out"

Colin McRae

loughlin1

posted on 6/5/12 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
yes it is still stiff but if i were to pull the complete cable AT THE CARB END includding the outer cable it moves great so i do think there is something wrong with the inner cable inside the outer
YQUSTA

posted on 6/5/12 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
Might be worth taking a pic or 2 and posting them so we can see the setup at both ends.

On my BEC I have a spring at the carb end and have no problems with return though the feel is a litte stiff, but its the best I can do with the springs I have.

By the sounds od what you say the cable does sound OK but you never know and worth checcking the ends where the cable meets the sleve to be sure, I have seen 1 thread broken cause a problem before.

"If in doubt flat out"

Colin McRae

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.