Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Its no Goodwood FOS but..... (multiple pics)
beagley

posted on 7/5/12 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Its no Goodwood FOS but..... (multiple pics)

My dad and I went to Festivals of Speed here in the US and there was a pretty decent showing of cool cars. Nothing like the stuff I've seen from Goodwood, but for here it was pretty awesome. Here are some shots that I snapped at the show... kinda hard when people don't pay attention to whats around them. You're about to take a photo, have a good sized camera to your face, and they walk right in front of you..... anyway... Here they are:

Description
Description

Description
Description

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!
Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

This guy took this Ferrari on the Cannonball Rally. Don't know if you can read the sign next to the car, but he drove from New York, NY to Los Angeles, CA in 35 hours and 53 minutes. Averaged to about 77 MPH for the entire trip
Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

I met the owners of this original 63 Super 7 Series II and they were probably the nicest people I met the entire day. Spent about 30 minutes with me telling me about the restoration and showing me pictures. They are the second owners and it has LESS THAN 27,000 original miles. Gorgeous in its simplicity.
Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

I nearly yelled at this lady who walked up to this XJ220, just opened the door, and plopped down in the driver's seat!!! You're NEVER EVER EVER supposed to do that to a car show car unless invited by the owner.... whew... still making me get flustered.
Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

For any of you engine geeks (like me) out there this is a JDM engine that had a basketball sized turbo sitting next to it.
Description
Description

I want to make it out to the UK for the Goodwood festival at least once in my life. Alright, off to dream some more about those classics....mmmmm.

Beags

I'm not scared!!! I'm just marking my territory.

loggyboy

posted on 7/5/12 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
Where and when was this?

Mistral Motorsport

beagley

posted on 7/5/12 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Where and when was this?

This was on Sunday April 6th, (yesterday) at the tiny speck of a city called Howie in the Hills, FL. Yeah, I know.... Howie in the Hills....

It wasn't a huge event, maybe 100 - 150 cars if I had to guess. It was low key and quite fun, and true to form those Lotus owners were the best people there. Bravo all you Lotus, (that includes Locosts as well), people!

Beags

MikeCapon

posted on 7/5/12 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
Wow. There are some beautiful cars there. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Mike

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alan B

posted on 7/5/12 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beagley
quote:
Where and when was this?

This was on Sunday April 6th, (yesterday) at the tiny speck of a city called Howie in the Hills, FL. Yeah, I know.... Howie in the Hills....

It wasn't a huge event, maybe 100 - 150 cars if I had to guess. It was low key and quite fun, and true to form those Lotus owners were the best people there. Bravo all you Lotus, (that includes Locosts as well), people!

Beags

Damn, damn, damn....I was in Sanford yesterday and could easily have gone to see this show....grrrrrrr

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
loggyboy

posted on 7/5/12 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Thats a shame, we drove from orlando to ft myers on saturday so would have missed it anyway. Is it on every year?

Mistral Motorsport

beagley

posted on 7/5/12 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Thats a shame, we drove from orlando to ft myers on saturday so would have missed it anyway. Is it on every year?

I think so, this was like the 2nd or 3rd year that it has been put on. The web site has archives going back to early 2011 so its quite new. Click Here for Festivals of Speed

Tickets were $10 (~ 20 ~ 6 pounds for you lot across the pond), and the event was on both Saturday and Sunday. They also have them in a couple of other cities around Florida, St. Petersburg, Orlando, Miami, and Howie in the Hills. I'll definitely be hitting the show again when its in St. Pete and Orlando as they're only an hour from me.

quote:
Originally posted by Alan B
Damn, damn, damn....I was in Sanford yesterday and could easily have gone to see this show....grrrrrrr

Would have been good to see you there, you were pretty close, maybe 30 minutes from there.

Beags

Edited because my math isn't what it used to be, thanks Alan B

[Edited on 5/7/2012 by beagley]

Alan B

posted on 7/5/12 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
For the record

$10 is about 6 pounds...

Just so it doesn't put anyone off for next year...

Yes, would have been nice to meet up again...maybe next year..

Alan

beagley

posted on 7/5/12 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alan B
For the record

$10 is about 6 pounds...

Just so it doesn't put anyone off for next year...

Yes, would have been nice to meet up again...maybe next year..

Alan

Crap..... maybe I'm dyslexic with mathematical operands.... "*" instead of "/" Thanks for the correction!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.