Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS: Clarke 151EN MIG welder
tegwin

posted on 21/5/12 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
FS: Clarke 151EN MIG welder

Selling my trusty Clarke 151EN Mig welder. Has served me well. Only selling as I have replaced it with something considerably more powerful.

The 151EN can take gasless wire or has the plumbing to take gas as well!

It could do with a new liner and feed rollers as the feed is not as smooth as it should be. Metal casting shows signs of use...It has been shifted about my garage for the last 2 years!

Was over £200 new.

£80 o.n.o to anyone that wants it.

Can organise postage.. (would be about £20)

[Edited on 21/5/12 by tegwin]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

ChrisW

posted on 21/5/12 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
Dammit! I bought one of these new about 10 days ago!!

(Very pleased with mine, just annoyed that a bargain comes up so soon after I paid full whack)

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeRJ

posted on 21/5/12 at 11:58 PM Reply With Quote
This is an absolute bargain for a good MIG, mine has performed sterling service for many years. The best modification I made was replacing the bit of damp string that Clarke call an earth cable with a proper heavy duty length of welding cable with a heavy duty earth clamp, and it now welds 4mm plate beautifully with excellent penetration.
panichat

posted on 22/5/12 at 05:56 AM Reply With Quote
Yes please

Yes, it sounds just what I'm after.
Would I be able to pick it up from your Worcestershire location - I live in Evesham.
I've sent a U2U
Cheers
Dave

[Edited on 22/5/12 by panichat]

MikeR

posted on 22/5/12 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
That is a bargain - i've got one and am very happy with it.
ChrisL

posted on 22/5/12 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
This is an absolute bargain for a good MIG, mine has performed sterling service for many years. The best modification I made was replacing the bit of damp string that Clarke call an earth cable with a proper heavy duty length of welding cable with a heavy duty earth clamp, and it now welds 4mm plate beautifully with excellent penetration.

Mike,
Do you remember where you got your earth clamp from? I occasionally have a look for one but haven't found anyone selling them (OK I've not tried that hard!!)

Cheers
Chris

ChrisL

posted on 22/5/12 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ

Mike,
Do you remember where you got your earth clamp from? I occasionally have a look for one but haven't found anyone selling them (OK I've not tried that hard!!)

Cheers
Chris

cliftyhanger

posted on 22/5/12 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=welder+earth+clamp

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.