Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Videos from Teeside Autodrome Track day - 05-06-12
f27

posted on 8/6/12 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
Videos from Teeside Autodrome Track day - 05-06-12

Me and a few friends went along to one of the 'trackday club' days at Teeside. I've been on a couple before and they are always good value (Open pit all day 9am - 5pm, £99)

Anyway, it was the first time I've had the Formula 27 on track, and it was great fun. I was using some very old (10years +!) tyres so next time I'm going to invest in some sticky tyres (but then will have to dry sump it and get a swirl pot on the fuel tank so it doesn't cut out around the tight corners.)

Anyway, here's some video, enjoy!

...and this is my friends 'Dwarf Car' - a bit of a mish mash of bits, but has a GSXR 1100 bike engine, which unfortunately blew later in the day. If anyone is getting rid of one then let me know!

[Edited on 8/6/12 by f27]

SOLD - F27 Blackbird, F27 ZZR1400, MK Indy Hayabusa, 3 750MC Crossflow Locosts, Ultima GTR - currently got a MX5 powered Locost racing car

maccmike

posted on 8/6/12 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
good videos-quality and sound, your passenger was shitting it a bit when the speeds got up haha.
Andy D

posted on 8/6/12 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
I was there too, with my son's Honda Civic. (No67) Spoke to you a couple of times, particularly liked your bonnet prop.. meant to take a pic, but nevr got round to it.

I took a load of pics. They're on photobucket, HERE

A few of them below:

Orange beastie.

And the boy's Civic.

He's put some video up from his last session.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZaB7pXnJyQ&feature=player_embedded

Was a good day!

f27

posted on 8/6/12 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
There are some great pictures there! Thanks, I'll pass the link on to the other that were there with me.

I actually happened across the video your son put up, the Civic seemed to be going well!

...and I think I need to invest in a proper bonnet prop, although my solution was in-keeping with the 'locost' way!

SOLD - F27 Blackbird, F27 ZZR1400, MK Indy Hayabusa, 3 750MC Crossflow Locosts, Ultima GTR - currently got a MX5 powered Locost racing car

dlatch

posted on 8/6/12 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
cracking vids and pictures guys
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.