Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fireblade 919 running hot
vexed

posted on 10/6/12 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
Fireblade 919 running hot

The Fisher fury with a 919 fireblade engine is proving fun but plenty of work!

I have noticed that when pushing on slightly on the road the oil temp rises pretty quickly.
Water temp is good- there is no fan on the car but when it is moving it stays low and drops pretty quickly. I don't take it into town or anything so have no plans to put a fan on.

The oil temperature on the other hand goes up to 90 and sits in the low 90s if I am pootling down b-roads. As soon as I crack on for a bit it goes above 100within a minute or two- I don't know what would happen if I kept on pushing- have been driving slowly to for a few minutes to let it cool down when it reaches 105.

I understand the fireblade engine should run a bit cooler than this.

Am I going to be doing any damage to the engine if I go for a longer run and see what happens?
There is not many holes in my front clam for airflow, but if the water temp is ok I don't think this would help- correct?
Do I need to look at the thermostat, and if so where is it and what to do?!

MK9R

posted on 10/6/12 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vexed
The Fisher fury with a 919 fireblade engine is proving fun but plenty of work!

I have noticed that when pushing on slightly on the road the oil temp rises pretty quickly.
Water temp is good- there is no fan on the car but when it is moving it stays low and drops pretty quickly. I don't take it into town or anything so have no plans to put a fan on.

The oil temperature on the other hand goes up to 90 and sits in the low 90s if I am pootling down b-roads. As soon as I crack on for a bit it goes above 100within a minute or two- I don't know what would happen if I kept on pushing- have been driving slowly to for a few minutes to let it cool down when it reaches 105.

I understand the fireblade engine should run a bit cooler than this.

Am I going to be doing any damage to the engine if I go for a longer run and see what happens?
There is not many holes in my front clam for airflow, but if the water temp is ok I don't think this would help- correct?
Do I need to look at the thermostat, and if so where is it and what to do?!

You havent got a problem, oil temperature will be above 100, as long as it doesnt start pushing above 130 thats fine

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MK9R

posted on 10/6/12 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
Just noticed you are pretty local to me, always welcome to pop in for a chat or look over the cars

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
vexed

posted on 10/6/12 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks
I read this and took the car out again without waiting for it to cool now and again, and it ran well without going over 105 actually, so I'm happy now!
Unfortunately there is a leak from a weld on the home made baffled sump which is getting a bit worse so that is the next job!

Thanks for the offer- would love to have a look at the cars and have a chat. It would be good to see how you have put some things together. The only Fury build I have seen is the one I bought!
George

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.