New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 5vy dyno results
bigfoot4616

posted on 10/6/12 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
5vy dyno results

had the car back on a dyno on saturday and got these results

max power 152 bhp(131 at wheels) @ 10,800 rpm
max torque 75.8 lbft @ 8,800

from what i've seen both figures look a bit low.

the revs its making those figures at also seems very low. had a quick search and yamaha's specs are max power @ 12,500 and max torque @ 10,500.

has anyone got dyno figures for a 5vy and where it made the power?

what could be causing mine to be making max power/torque at lower revs? exhaust maybe?

thanks

MK9R

posted on 10/6/12 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Mine had 149 at the wheels, standard bike airbox, Tony Law custom exhaust and power commander (fueling only) but you have to remember it all depends on the rolling road you take it to, the only real way to compare is to run back to back with a similar car on the same dyno on the same day. The peak figures at 10.5k tally up with mine, its not worth revving up to the red line as its a fairly flat line after the peak at 10.5

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
perksy

posted on 10/6/12 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Have seen big differences between figures with the same car on different rolling roads
Some rollers give better figures as its good for business

Main thing is as long as it drives nice that's all that matters

bigfoot4616

posted on 10/6/12 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
i know the actual figures can vary as lot. i'm trying to find out if i have any problems.

last time out at oulton i had temp issues and it was lacking at high speed, top speed was actually lower than the old 919 blade motor.

on saturday he spent a lot of time tweaking the map but it wasn't miles out. at high revs there is a lot of fuel taken out which i have been told is unusual.

not driven the car since saturday but can't see it being much different, its hard to test the top end anyway on the road.

austen what design/ sizes is your exhaust?

adithorp

posted on 10/6/12 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
Mine made 154bhp @ (from memory) 12700rpm (@ the wheels) with torque 78lbft at 10500. Calculated from run down to 171bhp at the crank. The curve virtually flat lines from 148@10500, so giving virtually max power right through each gear at full chat. Not much drop-of either to the red line.
All RR vary but the one mine was done on is regularly criticised for low figures. Personally it was the shape of the graph that I wanted to sort.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

MK9R

posted on 10/6/12 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigfoot4616
i know the actual figures can vary as lot. i'm trying to find out if i have any problems.

last time out at oulton i had temp issues and it was lacking at high speed, top speed was actually lower than the old 919 blade motor.

on saturday he spent a lot of time tweaking the map but it wasn't miles out. at high revs there is a lot of fuel taken out which i have been told is unusual.

not driven the car since saturday but can't see it being much different, its hard to test the top end anyway on the road.

austen what design/ sizes is your exhaust?

sorry dont know figures but I know the bore is fairly big, larger than the exhaust made by tony for the 919. Its also a 4-2-1 collector. Top speed should not be lower than the blade, I can definetly vouch for that. What airbox do you have? Also have you changed wheels or diff since engine upgrade?

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bigfoot4616

posted on 10/6/12 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Mine made 154bhp @ (from memory) 12700rpm (@ the wheels) with torque 78lbft at 10500. Calculated from run down to 171bhp at the crank. The curve virtually flat lines from 148@10500, so giving virtually max power right through each gear at full chat. Not much drop-of either to the red line.
All RR vary but the one mine was done on is regularly criticised for low figures. Personally it was the shape of the graph that I wanted to sort.

looking at my graph it doesn't show much drop of from peak at 10,800 through to 12,500, about 7 bhp. torque barely drops of untill after 10,500.

i've used the stock airbox, modified to fit the opposite way round. same diff(3.54) and wheels/tyres(22/54/13). it managed to get to 114mph(gps) approaching island at oulton in 5th. can't remember what speed the blade did but it was higher. it does feel quicker at lower speeds though.

my exhaust is also a 4-2-1 but i'm not sure about the 2-1 collector size. where it becomes 1 its only 1 3/4" then tapers up to 2".
bloke that built it reason for it being like that was something to do with torque.

A1

posted on 11/6/12 at 04:31 AM Reply With Quote
Its hard to check the top end on the road?
bigfoot4616

posted on 11/6/12 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
i value my license to much so try to avoid spending much time in 3 figures. that's why i don't do many road miles now, to much temptation for high speeds in between the twistys
a4gom

posted on 11/6/12 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
I can't remember my exact figures but don't think they were a mile of yours or anyone else's.

I don't know the differences between the two engines but surely it's feasible that the top end speed might be slower as a result of gearing not bhp / torque.

Have you compared the gear ratios?

Andy

Perfect planning prevents pi$$ poor performance!

probablyleon

posted on 11/6/12 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
Mine was done recently and was in the low 130s @ the wheels (Daytuner). I was slightly disappointed (based on what I've read here and elsewhere) but I was assured it was a decent and realistic 'real world' result on an accurate and realistic dyno.
bigfoot4616

posted on 11/6/12 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
I could be wrong but I thought the extrapower of the r1 would pull through the gears quicker. Didn't get out of 5th at oulton.
Not sure how diferant the gearing is but the r1 should top out in 6th at 130 although I know it won't actually do that speed.
That's on 205's, slicks it will be a little lower.

[Edited on 11/6/12 by bigfoot4616]

bigfoot4616

posted on 11/6/12 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by probablyleon
Mine was done recently and was in the low 130s @ the wheels (Daytuner). I was slightly disappointed (based on what I've read here and elsewhere) but I was assured it was a decent and realistic 'real world' result on an accurate and realistic dyno.

I'm not to bothered about the actual figures, more the apparent lack of speed.
Maybe need to get back on track and see if it has improved after saturdays dyno session.

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 11/6/12 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
The standard R1 in my Jedi (circuit car) is pretty much on what you've measured, unfortunately.

The GSXR1000 (K5) in the Westfield made 152 at the wheels (11,300) on the same dyno, but on different days in different years with different moons the night before (probably).

a4gom

posted on 11/6/12 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
130 seems low is that for a 5vy, we've done 3 sessions with damion not 100% on the figures but standard with airbox 147, standard with foam filter 149, supersport gaskets and timing 155.
Last year at aintree I was clocked at 108mph flat in 6th on 215/50/13 khumo's with a 3.89 diff.

Andy

Perfect planning prevents pi$$ poor performance!

Andy D

posted on 11/6/12 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigfoot4616
quote:
Originally posted by probablyleon

I'm not to bothered about the actual figures, more the apparent lack of speed.
Maybe need to get back on track and see if it has improved after saturdays dyno session.

Now your talking! Where are we going?

bigfoot4616

posted on 11/6/12 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
oulton park in a couple of weeks?

be interested to see how my PC map compares with anyone elses.
mine has a lot of fuel taken out at high revs, once its over 10,000 at 80/100% throttle its all over -20 up to a max of -29

adithorp

posted on 11/6/12 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
My map varies between -10 and -15 at the top of the rev range @100% throttle.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Andy D

posted on 11/6/12 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Could be up for Oulton.
bigfoot4616

posted on 11/6/12 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
easytrack on the 20th. will email you tomorrow night.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.