Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: duratec / jenvey sfs ?
shirt

posted on 23/6/12 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
duratec / jenvey sfs ?

evenin'

when i bought my gts clubman [yep, bought not built sadly, though it is due to be rebuilt and fettled by these fair hands when my mate's race car is on the seas on it's way to the barcelona 24hr] i was given a set of 45mm jenvey sfs TB's by the seller. these came with a non-duratec manifold and no trumpets, and have no injector holes in them.

now, i have no idea what the car is currently putting out but i am told by other owners that it should be 170bhp [these cars were built by the local race school]. car currently uses a single butterfly and homebrew inlet manifold.

i'm just wondering what the consensus of opinion is regarding fitting these TB's [with manifold and 90 or 120mm trumpets] vs selling them and buying TB's that allow the injector to be moved up into the inlet tract for better mixing. i realise that the SFS's being very short will give me better engine response, but i am not really an engine man and would like to know the pros and cons of each.

any help and info would be appreciated.

zilspeed

posted on 24/6/12 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shirt
evenin'

when i bought my gts clubman [yep, bought not built sadly, though it is due to be rebuilt and fettled by these fair hands when my mate's race car is on the seas on it's way to the barcelona 24hr] i was given a set of 45mm jenvey sfs TB's by the seller. these came with a non-duratec manifold and no trumpets, and have no injector holes in them.

now, i have no idea what the car is currently putting out but i am told by other owners that it should be 170bhp [these cars were built by the local race school]. car currently uses a single butterfly and homebrew inlet manifold.

i'm just wondering what the consensus of opinion is regarding fitting these TB's [with manifold and 90 or 120mm trumpets] vs selling them and buying TB's that allow the injector to be moved up into the inlet tract for better mixing. i realise that the SFS's being very short will give me better engine response, but i am not really an engine man and would like to know the pros and cons of each.

any help and info would be appreciated.

Bugger the consensus.

Email Jenvey and ask them.

As the designer, he'll give you a much more informed answer than the rest of us could possibly manage.
I've spoken to him on a couple fo occasions, and he's a sound bloke. I would have no hesitation in going straight to the original point of reference with this one.

shirt

posted on 25/6/12 at 07:15 AM Reply With Quote
i emailed jenvey, they only said that the TB's were suitable for my engine and to go with either 90mm or 120mm trumpets.

what i could do with knowing are the pros and cons from an engine perfomance viewpoint of fitting these with the standard injector position, or buying A N Other kit where they have been moved further up the inlet tract.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.