Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 919 Fireblade engine
dangerousbrian

posted on 25/6/12 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
919 Fireblade engine

I currently have an Indy which i bought nearly 3 months ago, it has a 893 fireblade engine in it at the moment, everything is fine with it. no problems at all. Only thing is, i also have a 919 engine sat it the garage that came with the car. The guy had bought it with 11k miles on it to have as a spare as he was toying with the idea of doing some sprints.... anyway.

What do i do? do i keep hold of it? is it with swapping out the 893? or do i just get rid? I'm positive later down the line i will want something with some more power and quite fancy the fuel injected route as i know more about this side of things than old fashioned carbs.

Also what kind of money would the 919 fetch? as i haven't the slightest clue.

Cheers,

Bri

mark chandler

posted on 25/6/12 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Keep it, just beware that the gear change will work in the opposite in direction if/when you swap out.

[Edited on 25/6/12 by mark chandler]

[Edited on 25/6/12 by mark chandler]

MK9R

posted on 26/6/12 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
You wont really see any noticeable difference in performance. But id keep it, its worth around £450 I'd say, and a gearbox rebuild on the 893 will cost you that when it goes.

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 26/6/12 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
Sell it and put the money towards a future upgrade. The 919 won't fit without chassis modifications IIRC (although it has been a while since I compared the two) and again, the increase in performance will be negligible. The gearbox is interchangeable, although the shift will be in the opposite direction to what you have now and IMO it's not worth saving just for spares.

Do some research on the internet and I'm sure you'll get an idea of how much it's worth.

Phil

dangerousbrian

posted on 26/6/12 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the info.

I like the comment on the gearbox "when it goes"

Looks like i'll be selling it then, hopefully my 893 lasts it out until the winter and i can get get started on stripping the thing apart. I'll save the 919 until then i think.

mark chandler

posted on 6/7/12 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
893--918-919 all fit the same brackets, on the later ones that clutch housing is a little different and they have an oil level window.

The 929 is a completely different beast !

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.