Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: My site updates..... think you lot can break it again?
beagley

posted on 28/6/12 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
My site updates..... think you lot can break it again?

Well, throwing back to this thread from a while ago I have continued to update and improve upon my hobby site Auto-Math-Geek.

I was hoping I get some more opinions on it and get some help on what you all would like to see on there. There are a couple of caveats though, there is a page that will draw the sine waves of a piston's position, velocity, and acceleration, but I have not gotten to the point of adding the scale onto the graphs. Its currently under way, but its a bit more complicated than I first thought.

I ultimately have plans to add a gear calculator, trumpet length, etc... based upon the posts from my first thread so those are still in the works. Please offer up any other ideas or wants and I'll "add them to the list".

Thanks!

Beags

[Edited on 6/28/2012 by beagley]

I'm not scared!!! I'm just marking my territory.

deezee

posted on 28/6/12 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.auto-math-geek.com/Pages/Gallery/ViewGallery.aspx

Edit: It seems you can browse your site file structure and look at all the files

[Edited on 28/6/12 by deezee]

Ivan

posted on 28/6/12 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
I like the look of the site but couldn't find much to test - however in the basic formula I struggled to get it to accept revised parameters for the engine bore and stroke. Had to retype them three or four times because it kept showing different figures - I think it was still changing from mm to inch whilst I was typing - slow to react to changes
blakep82

posted on 28/6/12 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
chose an LS9 engine in basic formulas, 5.6 litres, all very good
changed to 86mm x 86mm, 4 cylinders (still with LS9 at the top, pressed calc all, nothing

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

MikeFellows

posted on 28/6/12 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
"think you lot can break it again"

its running on a windows box, give it a few hours and it will break itself

stevegough

posted on 28/6/12 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
Always up for a challenge!.....

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

beagley

posted on 28/6/12 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deezee
http://www.auto-math-geek.com/Pages/Gallery/ViewGallery.aspx

Edit: It seems you can browse your site file structure and look at all the files

[Edited on 28/6/12 by deezee]

Interesting...... but I resolved this issue by forcing a redirect to the "under construction" page if the url is not ready to be implemented. REALLY good find, thanks for that.

quote:
Originally posted by Ivan
however in the basic formula I struggled to get it to accept revised parameters for the engine bore and stroke. Had to retype them three or four times because it kept showing different figures - I think it was still changing from mm to inch whilst I was typing - slow to react to changes

Ah yes, I've been meaning to restructure how the UI works. I didn't like all of the "postback" events that were triggered anytime a parameter was changed. I've been researching the RequiredFieldValidator class which is quite nice. That should take care of the slow to respond issues. You are now able to enter all of the parameters you want and then update the "engine" in one fell swoop.

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
chose an LS9 engine in basic formulas, 5.6 litres, all very good
changed to 86mm x 86mm, 4 cylinders (still with LS9 at the top, pressed calc all, nothing

Yeah, that drop down list won't change when you edit the parameters. However with the above changes added you shouldn't have this problem anymore. I tried exactly your steps and couldn't get it to break.

Thanks to all that have swung the hammers so to speak.

Give the "Ultimate Nerd" section a try. That is where I seem to be having the most issues getting stability, yay calculus!

beagley

posted on 28/6/12 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeFellows
"think you lot can break it again"

its running on a windows box, give it a few hours and it will break itself

Truer words have never been spoken.

Beags

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 28/6/12 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Just an observation but the supercharger formulas don't appear in the formulas drop down. Not that you can use that on am iPad because it only drops down for 0.25 seconds and then closes itself...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.