Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: F1 Replica project, Moulds drawings Etc
fifty50

posted on 29/6/12 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
F1 Replica project, Moulds drawings Etc

I have forsale a full set of moulds to produce formula one replica track cars, there is also a set of CAD drawings to produce a spaceframe chassis to take a bike engine although many engine types would be possible.

The moulds are all in sound condition and have only been used four times and stored correctly.

I am advertising this project on ebay with photographs of the cars and moulds,to find in the search enter 'Kit car' or Item no 120941161870

Please contact me for further information on 07598830409 or email pleggott@hotmail.co.uk

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

scootz

posted on 29/6/12 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Have a Formula1 F1 Race car moulds, Kit Car / Simulator Project, CAD drawing 4 chassis | eBay on me!

It's Evolution Baby!

Dusty

posted on 29/6/12 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
No, I'm Spartacus.

I didn't know there was a kit cars futures market.

[Edited on 29/6/12 by Dusty]

Confused but excited.

posted on 29/6/12 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
If you took up such a wonderful opportunity, then you wouldn't have to work abroad.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Jon Ison

posted on 29/6/12 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
I feel a crisis coming on, sorry posted in wrong thread, mods please delete.
zilspeed

posted on 30/6/12 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison

No crisis Jon.

Just hire a crane and it'll all work out fine.

fifty50

posted on 1/7/12 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Confused but excited.
If you took up such a wonderful opportunity, then you wouldn't have to work abroad. [I love building cars, but my real passion is diving and i work in one of the most beatiful parts of asia paradise for 10 months each year]

fifty50

posted on 1/7/12 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

[It Wasn't my crisis Jon, only a crisis for the dickhead who built the car, he insisted on using so many inapropriate parts the car wasn't designed for, botched so much of the build, the film crew had to call me in so many times to try and fix things, he ground away welds until there was hardly anything left, weakend tubing by fitting massive rivnuts, ordered things from sponsers without asking if it would fit, eg wheels tyres, brakes, etc etc and in the end he poo his self that the car was two fast for him and then looked for every excuss to get out of it. He blamed everyone else including discovery for making him look a dick, and then refused to let the production company film the last episode of the the series because the speed of the car frightend him. he even threatered Discovery that he would sue them if they aired the last 3 episodes. I never had a crisis all my cars worked perfectly when built to my original specification, my only mistake was not getting all the money upfront as I never got paid for two thirds of the money and yet he got paid from discovery more than £8k to pay for the kit. ]

zilspeed

posted on 1/7/12 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fifty50
quote:

[It Wasn't my crisis Jon, only a crisis for the dickhead who built the car, he insisted on using so many inapropriate parts the car wasn't designed for, botched so much of the build, the film crew had to call me in so many times to try and fix things, he ground away welds until there was hardly anything left, weakend tubing by fitting massive rivnuts, ordered things from sponsers without asking if it would fit, eg wheels tyres, brakes, etc etc and in the end he poo his self that the car was two fast for him and then looked for every excuss to get out of it. He blamed everyone else including discovery for making him look a dick, and then refused to let the production company film the last episode of the the series because the speed of the car frightend him. he even threatered Discovery that he would sue them if they aired the last 3 episodes. I never had a crisis all my cars worked perfectly when built to my original specification, my only mistake was not getting all the money upfront as I never got paid for two thirds of the money and yet he got paid from discovery more than £8k to pay for the kit. ]

Fair play to you.

I guess small manufacturers are at the mercy of their customers, especially when such a high profile one.

Confused but excited.

posted on 1/7/12 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Confused but excited.
If you took up such a wonderful opportunity, then you wouldn't have to work abroad. [I love building cars, but my real passion is diving and i work in one of the most beatiful parts of asia paradise for 10 months each year]

In that case; you lucky bugger!

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Jon Ison

posted on 1/7/12 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I don't recall saying it was your crisis Paul, if you care to read the odd comment I have contributed on pistonheads you will see I sort of agree, as I understand it the only part inappropriate for the car was the final drive and that could easily have been fixed, wheels brakes ect are just that wheels and brakes and should have no bearing in general on chassis ?

I also understand but am willing to be corrected the only money he received from discovery was for the shed the car was built in, I did see the chassis after everything was stripped back off it and had a very inquisitive look at an area around the front suspension, to be fair to the "dickhead" there was no evidence of grinding in the area nor rivnuts of any size.

My initial comment you quoted was just a cryptic one to see if anyone would pick up on it, only one person did, the thread would have died a natural death left alone.

fifty50

posted on 1/7/12 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

I don't recall saying it was your crisis Paul, if you care to read the odd comment I have contributed on pistonheads you will see I sort of agree, as I understand it the only part inappropriate for the car was the final drive and that could easily have been fixed, wheels brakes ect are just that wheels and brakes and should have no bearing in general on chassis ?

I also understand but am willing to be corrected the only money he received from discovery was for the shed the car was built in, I did see the chassis after everything was stripped back off it and had a very inquisitive look at an area around the front suspension, to be fair to the "dickhead" there was no evidence of grinding in the area nor rivnuts of any size.

My initial comment you quoted was just a cryptic one to see if anyone would pick up on it, only one person did, the thread would have died a natural death left alone.

The thing is Jon every time i do anything on a forum, poo like this is always posted about. I have to correct you again, I was there at all stages of the build, and unlike you I actually know what went on and what the finacials involved, He was paid two amounts totalling just over £16,000, we never got paid for the chassis or body and that theyy legally still belong to me, so if u or anyone else knows of there whereabouts I would like to know? I got paid some money for parts, but only about a third of what was owed. He put oversized rivnuts in a number of places in the chassis and the welding to the front of the chassis I believe his mate had done after he had ground through the weld holding the damper bracket (for which there was never an explanation). This dickhead and the sourounding comments from third parties effectively cost me my business and over £100k of investment, (ultimatly I had to sell my house and follow a differnt career).so when I see comments like this it doesn't make me feel too go0d as you can imangine. this is nothing personal Jon But if everyone knew the whole story they would know how I feel and how I was ripped off , miss represented and let down without the final episode been show as agreed with the car working properly. I have built fifteen kit cars personally and as a company we built 9 fully completed dominators that never had any problems (apart from a couple of engine blow ups). I have seen many comments on here and on piston heads that are so factually incorrect in regard to me personally, the kit car crisis programe and my chassis design. I put this thread on here just to sell some stuff that was in my garage. I understand what you say about cyptic comment, but as always happens on any forums I go on, the thred gets hijacked.
Nothing Personal Jon I just get so pissed off

Jon Ison

posted on 1/7/12 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
Paul I can't be bothered to trawl pistonheads and the search on there often don't work, however the last thread on there, pretty recent as the series was re run I stated something like but can't remember word for word "a weekend fitting the drive train properly and it would have been job done"

The chassis the last time I saw it was on it's side on his lawn, the bodywork I have to hold my hands up, I purchased it fitted it to a GT1 unfortunately that car is now in holland.

Just took 2 mins searching here is my post, hardly derogatory, so there was a final unseen by public episode ?

"I purchased the bodywork and fitted it a MKGT1 along with a few other useful parts, I remember the chassis was laid on it's side rusting and bare in his garden when I collected it so for sure it never turned a wheel again.

eta, don't think it would have took to much work to refit the drive unit properly and get it up and running, the guy lost all interest and confidence in it though, from what I saw there was next to nothing holding it in, a weekend would/could have sorted it."

fifty50

posted on 1/7/12 at 11:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Paul I can't be bothered to trawl pistonheads and the search on there often don't work, however the last thread on there, pretty recent as the series was re run I stated something like but can't remember word for word "a weekend fitting the drive train properly and it would have been job done"

The chassis the last time I saw it was on it's side on his lawn, the bodywork I have to hold my hands up, I purchased it fitted it to a GT1 unfortunately that car is now in holland.

Just took 2 mins searching here is my post, hardly derogatory, so there was a final unseen by public episode ?

"I purchased the bodywork and fitted it a MKGT1 along with a few other useful parts, I remember the chassis was laid on it's side rusting and bare in his garden when I collected it so for sure it never turned a wheel again.

eta, don't think it would have took to much work to refit the drive unit properly and get it up and running, the guy lost all interest and confidence in it though, from what I saw there was next to nothing holding it in, a weekend would/could have sorted it."

Actually I have just posted on here a fairly full inside story as to what when on, called Kit Car Crisis, the inside story. maybe that will give a better picture of what went on, The car still belongs to me or at lest the chassis and bodywok as it was never paid for and I took him through court to get it back. he had no right to sell you the body as he didn't own it, I do, I understand you probably bought it in good faith but I am out of pocket by £8k for the chassis and bodywork

Jon Ison

posted on 2/7/12 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
With respect there is no probably about it, the parts where advertised on the RGB forum for sale just like any part maybe on here.

How did the court rule ? Did you place a ccj on him ?

maccmike

posted on 2/7/12 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
fifty50

posted on 3/7/12 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
With respect there is no probably about it, the parts where advertised on the RGB forum for sale just like any part maybe on here.

How did the court rule ? Did you place a ccj on him ?

Actually I obtained three seperate judgements against him, but in the end I felt I was throwing more good money after bad, I can't believe he had the nerve to advertise the stuff knowing he was been chased for the money or the return of the goods, but then nothing evrer suprised me with the guy, I think he also penned the campervan and bettle crisis series, but not sure what financial reward he got from them, I only know that the production company said they wouldn't deal with him again, He really thought he was going to be the next Jermy Clarkson. But anyway all in the past , And I have to say all the comments on the Kit Car Crisis thread have made me feel much better

Dangle_kt

posted on 3/7/12 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
To be fair to the OP, this is a for sale thread, and posting something mean spirited in a for sale advert, even if cryptic isn't particularly fair.

I've done it in the past without thinking, a joke about a car being sold - I got a u2u asking me to remove the comment, which I did the second I engaged my brain and realised there was a small chance it could possible put someone off.

There is still the delete button in the edit section if you want to wipe the slate clean rather than argue with a bloke who has already had a pretty grim time of it?

dan8400

posted on 7/4/14 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, I know this thread is really old, but, do you still have the moulds?

Thanks
Dan

Hey - That's Journey!!!

fifty50

posted on 8/4/14 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
No sorry the moulds all went nearly two years ago
dan8400

posted on 8/4/14 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
Ok. Thank you for taking the time to reply. Don't suppose you know who has them and if they are taking orders or have prices?

Thanks
Dan

Hey - That's Journey!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.