Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Iva application form questions
Davegtst

posted on 11/7/12 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
Iva application form questions

Most of my iva application is done but I have a few questions before I submit them.

1. Max power for my hayabusa is at 9500 revs, can I lower it a bit for the noise test and how far can I go without taking the mick?

2. Can I send a cd with scanned copies of my receipts and photos of the build instead of photocopies?

3. Do I need evidence for the immobiliser? I have a sterling excel transponder immobiliser but it didn't come with a certificate.

Jaybeee

posted on 11/7/12 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst
Most of my iva application is done but I have a few questions before I submit them.

1. Max power for my hayabusa is at 9500 revs, can I lower it a bit for the noise test and how far can I go without taking the mick?

2. Can I send a cd with scanned copies of my receipts and photos of the build instead of photocopies?

3. Do I need evidence for the immobiliser? I have a sterling excel transponder immobiliser but it didn't come with a certificate.

Don't know about the others but when I sent my photos on a CD for IVA I was told they could not read CD on their PC's. Can't say I'm surprised as I work for a Gov Dept but at least we can use CD-Rom's well we could last time I tryed!!

BobM

posted on 12/7/12 at 05:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst1. Max power for my hayabusa is at 9500 revs, can I lower it a bit for the noise test and how far can I go without taking the mick?
I'd be careful. 9.5k is already pretty low for a bike engine. Important to try to keep the tester onside and if he thinks you're taking the mick it's likely to have a pretty negative effect. Do you anticipate a problem with the noise level? 9.5k means they'll test you at 7125k.
quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst2. Can I send a cd with scanned copies of my receipts and photos of the build instead of photocopies?
No, they'll want hard copy.
quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst3. Do I need evidence for the immobiliser? I have a sterling excel transponder immobiliser but it didn't come with a certificate.
No certificate needed, my tester just needed to see it working.

Not very Locost but very BEC

Davegtst

posted on 12/7/12 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies. Paperwork all done now, i guess i just have to wait for the call to clear out my account.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.