Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: tracing my car
paulix

posted on 12/7/12 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
tracing my car

hi everyone, new member, desperatley trying to find my old locost. finished 2004 scratch built from the book.tried all the obvious ways of doing it wich of course don,t work. due to privacy of current owner etc,wich is perfectly reasonable but a little frustrating when your intentions are honourable. i just want to be the next owner should it come up for sale again, so want to give current owner my details. any help much appreciated. reg no, Q52 JUD. colour, bare aluminium with metalic black grp. here,s hoping.
monkeyarms

posted on 12/7/12 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
Other than a very friendly police officer doing a PNC, your other option is writing to the DVLA
loggyboy

posted on 12/7/12 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
Still insured on the MID so its not off the road or scrapped.

Listed as for sale here, but no idea of age of advert
http://motorkwik.co.uk/used-cars/caterham/seven/2004-caterham-seven-style-kit-car-249222

[Edited on 12/7/12 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

paulix

posted on 12/7/12 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for replies, wrote to dvla, very snotty reply didn,t expect them to give out the owners address but not even willing to pass on my details to current owner, i guess if they don,t have a form for it they don,t do it! The dealer with the ad doesn,t exist any more, or at least the phone number doesn,t. was a pretty old ad, thanks though.
40inches

posted on 12/7/12 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
The DVLA will hand over your details to a scummy "parking" company though

paulix

posted on 12/7/12 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
now theres an idea!!!
computid

posted on 12/7/12 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
You have to have what is considered a 'valid' reason for obtaining the registered keepers details. Not that I'm suggesting you do this at all, but what a less scrupulous person might consider doing is pretending to be a land owner trying to obtain the details of a vehicle that was parked on his land illegally for a period of time. I think there is a small fee of about £5 to obtain the details.

paulix

posted on 12/7/12 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
sounds like a sure way of doing it, but i'm too damned honest, knowing my luck the one time i step out of line i'd be seriously made an example of by plod via the dvla. thanks anyway.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.