Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MNR reverse box?
PorterBespoke

posted on 15/7/12 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
MNR reverse box?

Hi all,

I've been in touch with Chris from MNR - I'm looking for a reverse box for use in a hayabusa engined BEC...sounds like their gear cutter is on the blink - he suggested I look elsewhere. I'm loathe to use the quaife unit as it sounds a bit average. Are there any other reverse box options? (cant really use any of the other possibilities).

Even better, does anyone have an MNR unit they are looking to part ways with?

Cheers.

Norton91

posted on 15/7/12 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
Try the people below, I have an MNR box and other bits from Nova, having dealt with both companies I would use Nova everytime, even if you buy the smallest part from them you are treated like royalty.
http://www.novaracing.co.uk/reversing-gearbox-for-inprop-shaft-installation-and-engine-coupling-kit.htm

Nigel

PorterBespoke

posted on 15/7/12 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers, any idea what the backlash is like on those nova boxes?
franky

posted on 15/7/12 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
why did he say look else where?
PorterBespoke

posted on 15/7/12 at 11:37 PM Reply With Quote
This is the email response i recieved from Chris (sorry if the formatting is out, I'm doing this on an iPhone):

Sorry no progess-the gear cutter is giving constant delays-really suggest you look elsewhere
Apologies
Chris

Norton91

posted on 16/7/12 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
From memery back lash was minimal give them a call real nice people
wylliezx9r

posted on 16/7/12 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Norton91
Try the people below, I have an MNR box and other bits from Nova, having dealt with both companies I would use Nova everytime, even if you buy the smallest part from them you are treated like royalty.
http://www.novaracing.co.uk/reversing-gearbox-for-inprop-shaft-installation-and-engine-coupling-kit.htm

Nigel

I use a nova racing reverse box and it is top notch. It is over 10 years old, i serviced it last year, all the gears and dogs were showing no signs of wear, i Just replaced the bearings and chain. The service is excellent from them as well.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

slingshot2000

posted on 16/7/12 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by franky
why did he say look else where?

+ quote from the OP;

I've been in touch with Chris from MNR - I'm looking for a reverse box for use in a hayabusa engined BEC...sounds like their gear cutter is on the blink - HE suggested I look elsewhere.

PorterBespoke

posted on 16/7/12 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
I'll go for the nova box: seems everyone I've spoken to has good things to say about them.

Got this email reply from nova regarding backlash:

"thank you for your email.  Our gearbox has 2 degrees of backlash in forward drive.  We have manufactured another dog ring exclusively for one of our customers which gives around 0.5 degree of backlash, these can be purchased seperately from them if you are interested in this option."

Cheers!

parkiboy

posted on 16/7/12 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
how often are you planning on using reverse? if its rarely for what its worth wouldnt an electric reverse be a cheaper option? I admit i do not really like my electric reverse however it is just primarily on there to get it through the iva, i can see me rarely using reverse and if i had to i would probably give it a push anyway.
PorterBespoke

posted on 16/7/12 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
It's for use in a rally car, so needs to be strong enough to get the car out of a ditch/fence/tree top etc...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.