Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: iva / mot
whitstella

posted on 18/7/12 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
iva / mot

hi

just spoken to DVLA as i need to register my mk. i have been told i need a mot cert, is this the norm. i have used i doner and would like a age related plate. and as the sierra is over 3 years old i need an mot.????

cheers

blakep82

posted on 18/7/12 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
nope they're wrong. it does not need an mot, and you can't MOT it, as its not yet registered.
once registered, no MOT for 3 years either.

whoever you spoke to doesn't know speak to someone else there lol

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

deezee

posted on 18/7/12 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
Don't talk to the DVLA about getting an IVA. Talk to VOSA. DVLA Swansea know next to nothing.

Edit: I see you already have the IVA. Go your local office and get a V55/5 and V627/1 and fill them in. They'll then process that and probably ask to inspect the car (if your after age related) to see that the parts and old. Then issue you a V948 so you can get plates and follow it up with a issuing a V5C in the next few weeks

[Edited on 18/7/12 by deezee]

Peteff

posted on 18/7/12 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
nope they're wrong. it does not need an mot, and you can't MOT it, as its not yet registered.
once registered, no MOT for 3 years either

You can MOT a vehicle on the chassis number before registration, you have to do it with grey imports.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

mcerd1

posted on 18/7/12 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
quote:

You can MOT a vehicle on the chassis number before registration, you have to do it with grey imports.

but if you do then you'll need to re-test in 12 months time so you'll miss out on your first 3 years without an MOT

[Edited on 18/7/2012 by mcerd1]

-

blakep82

posted on 18/7/12 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
quote:
quote:

but if you do then you'll need to re-test in 12 months time so you'll miss out on your first 3 years without an MOT

and never mind the 3 year thing (which is correct) you don't need to mot it anyway, thats the main point

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

adithorp

posted on 18/7/12 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deezee
Don't talk to the DVLA about getting an IVA. Talk to VOSA. DVLA Swansea know next to nothing.

Edit: I see you already have the IVA. Go your local office and get a V55/5 and V627/1 and fill them in. They'll then process that and probably ask to inspect the car (if your after age related) to see that the parts and old. Then issue you a V948 so you can get plates and follow it up with a issuing a V5C in the next few weeks

[Edited on 18/7/12 by deezee]

...and when you take the V55/5 in there'salist on the form of ALL the required documents that you have to supply with it. If they ask for MOT, point out that according to thier own form it isn't required.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

emlyno

posted on 18/7/12 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
quote:
quote:

[Edited on 18/7/2012 by mcerd1]

I had my Gemini MOT'd on the chassis number prior to IVA 2 years ago and it's 1st MOT is not due until next year.
There is no requirement for an MOT when I tax it until it is 3 years old.

Gemini

posted on 19/7/12 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Got my Gemini registered towards end of last year and the Reading DVLA insisted i needed MOT before they would register it.

Dave

Black Cat

posted on 20/7/12 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
Went to the DVLA office in Ipswich yesterday with all my documentation and no MOT to register my car and no MOT was required.

Hopefully should have managed to get an age related plate which was a complete surprise to me.

Just waiting for the tax and necessary forms to come in the post.

PeteS2k

posted on 20/7/12 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
When I first contacted DVLA (Swansea) for registration forms, they were adamant I would need an MOT to register. Preston DVLA did not require one, however. I did, however, need an inspection - to validate the same chassis and engine numbers that VOSA had inspected a few days earlier. Others have got away without an inspection... from the same office.

The whole process really is a bit of pot luck where DVLA are concerned.

Daddylonglegs

posted on 23/7/12 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
OK, been there too, read this

HTH

JB

@ChrisW, is it worth making the post from before a sticky somewhere?

[Edited on 23/7/12 by Daddylonglegs]

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.