Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Vauxhall Victor FE XJR!!!!
NS Dev

posted on 21/7/12 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
Vauxhall Victor FE XJR!!!!

It's a shame, but I have to face that fact that this little project is one of several which i'm not likely to finish, and of them all this seems to have the least point, so for that reason it is up for sale.

I'll get photos tomorrow.

The car is a mint 30-odd thousand mile Victor FE, in original Yellow with black vinyl roof. There is NO rust on the car. There are some miss-matched panels where the odd bit of paintwork has been done in the past, but believe me it's as good a Victor shell as you will find. It was on display in a Vauxhall dealership until I got it.

The car has had pretty much all the interior removed. There is also now a large section of tunnel and bulkhead removed.....

..... to make way for the Jaguar XJR6 engine we fitted. The engine mounts and gearbox crossmember are done and the engine mounted. We bought a complete, running XJR for the engine, so it's known good. We bought another complete XJ6 to donate a manual gearbox which is fitted, along with a non-dual-mass flywheel. It will need a clutch. The supercharger is currently removed, but I have it and all relevant parts. The radiator and charge cooler rad have been mounted. The header tank has been mounted and some of the water piping has been started. The standard XJR exhaust manifolds clear the victor steering column, but obviously an exhaust system will need making. The rear has been dropped with Leda coilovers. Front is still standard. The plan was to fit Bedford CF springs on the front which are included, but as they've not been fitted, I don't know if the resultant ride height will be pleasing. The engine loom has been stripped and all the relevant wires loomed together and labelled (although I'd have to check the labelling hasn't faded too much!) ready to wire up to an aftermarket ECU (we have a DTA S60 which we planned to use, but this is not included)

I'm not going to list every job to complete the car or make the usual, ridiculous claim that 'all the hard work has been done', but what I can say is that we do this sort of thing for a living and wouldn't have started it if we hadn't thought it through. We'd be happy to chat through all the plans and potential problems with a serious potential buyer.

I'm after £1500 for it. Keep in mind the engine is worth at least £600, the manual Jag gearbox probably £400, and a Victor shell in this condition at least £1k. It could be broken for a lot more, but i'd rather sell as-is, partly because I haven't the time to break it, and partly because i'd kinda like to see it finished!

[Edited on 21/7/12 by NS Dev]

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

NS Dev

posted on 21/7/12 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
PS all the supercharger bits and inlet pipework are included, and they do fit in the engine bay! I took it all off to dummy up another project and havent put it back on, but it was all on when we fitted the engine

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.