Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: P6 Rover V8 Water Pump Pulley
Blackbird Rush

posted on 7/8/12 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
P6 Rover V8 Water Pump Pulley

Hi all

Anyone have a P6 Rover V8 water pump pulley and crank pully lying about getting in their way? Condition not important so long as they are round and functional!

Also an alloy alternator mount (alternator on top type for the short P6 set up).

Good home waiting in exchange for some beer tokens

Cheers

Ash

v8kid

posted on 8/8/12 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
Got some different ones lying around - was the P6 the shorter one? If so I have a brand new one.

Can you remind me of the differences ( I ended up having a custom one made to cope with higher revs)

Cheers!

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Blackbird Rush

posted on 8/8/12 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by v8kid
Got some different ones lying around - was the P6 the shorter one? If so I have a brand new one.

Can you remind me of the differences ( I ended up having a custom one made to cope with higher revs)

Cheers!

Hi

Yes the shorter front end type, the water pump pully has a very large central hole and 3 mounting holes

Cheers

ash

v8kid

posted on 8/8/12 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
Ok will check tonite and photo them

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Blackbird Rush

posted on 11/8/12 at 06:00 AM Reply With Quote
Hi v8kid

Did you manage to have a look?

Cheers

Ash

v8kid

posted on 11/8/12 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry for delay but got there eventually!
crank pully 1
crank pully 1

I think the one on the left is a P6 variant but works with modern seals - its brand new I think it was part of a bulk buy of bits and the one on the right is a SD1. The trigger wheel is non-standard blessed if I can remember where I bought it!

I got the P6 one 'cos I was tight for space but it will not damp much above 6k revs and since I'm doing 7K I bought a proprietary after-market one for an arm and a leg

Same size for pulleys as you can see
crank 2
crank 2

Blackbird Rush

posted on 11/8/12 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Cool, the p6 shorter one is just what I'm after.

What do you want for it?
Will the trigger wheel fit the p6 one?

Cheers

Ash

v8kid

posted on 12/8/12 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
£20 + £5 for the trigger. It should fit I'll check when I get home. Postage will be a few quid as it is heavy I will check also
Cheers!
David

Blackbird Rush

posted on 12/8/12 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
Done, plus the trigger if it fits.

U2u me your PayPal when you know postage.

Cheers

Ash

v8kid

posted on 12/8/12 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
U2U sent

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.