Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hydraulic clutch question
andrew-theasby

posted on 12/8/12 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
Hydraulic clutch question

Just changed the clutch on my girlfriends citreon c3, and on re building it, I found the master cylinder had extended itself without anyone pressing the clutch. To get it to fit back in, I could compress it by hand, but it was springy and returned back every time I left go, unlike brakes which stay put when you move them. I've got it fitted in now, but this springiness will be keeping a bit of pressure on the release bearing which I didn't think wasa good thing.is there something wrong here or is that normal, its the first hydraulic one I've done?
andrew-theasby

posted on 12/8/12 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Forgot to mention, the reason I changed it in the first place was it was slipping, no sign of any oil in there, could this be connected as it seemed a little early at less than 70k miles and the old plate didn't look worn out completely?

[Edited on 12/8/12 by andrew-theasby]

rusty nuts

posted on 12/8/12 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
I suspect you mean the slave cylinder not the master? Its pretty common to find the push rod on the slave cylinder extends when the cylinder is removed from the gearbox . I've seen a lot of worn out clutches over the years and have noticed that a lot of younger drivers seem to wear them out quicker due to the way they are taught to drive, apparently they are taught to hold the car on a slope using the clutch in a lot of cases
andrew-theasby

posted on 13/8/12 at 06:44 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry yes thats right, I mean the slave cylinder
1340gt

posted on 13/8/12 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
sounds like you should scrap it and work on the 7!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.