Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Perfect end to a hot and sticky day
gttztt

posted on 14/8/12 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
Perfect end to a hot and sticky day

Just finished dinner when 27 litres of perfection flew overhead.

Spitfire Mk IX (I think) based at Tangmere carrying out a lazy flying display in the cooling air off Selsey Bill.
Absolutely brilliant and lifted my spirits, it was the perfect end to an arduous day.

theconrodkid

posted on 14/8/12 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
chicken curry with rice and a cupp,not as nice as your end of day but acceptable i spose

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Irony

posted on 14/8/12 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Living not to far from where they fly the Battle of Britain memorial flight I often see spitfires, hurricanes and the Lancaster fly over. Never ever fails to lift the spirits.
Daddylonglegs

posted on 14/8/12 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
It's definitely a one-of sound

Wish I had heard it, I could do with a lift..

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

rusty nuts

posted on 14/8/12 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
See and hear them often , I'm only a couple of miles as the crow (or Spitfire ) flies from Duxford Imperial War Museum. Nothing sounds quite like it
martyn1137

posted on 14/8/12 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Quite often have the Lancaster over here low on its way to or from displays. Absolutely awesome. Couple of weeks ago it came straight overhead and I could stand and watch it into the distance canted slightly against a sidewind. It must never be allowed to stop flying, its such a tribute to the crews who stepped up to fly with Bomber command. When you consider their age and lack of flying experience they had most of them only in their early twentys and the losses they suffered it was one hell of a commitment.

The sound of a Merlin engine in a Spitfire is still the best ever. Especially when it is opened up a little. One of our neighbours complained about the noise a few years back when one was being put through its paces nearby. They have no soul!

Chippy

posted on 14/8/12 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gttztt
Just finished dinner when 27 litres of perfection flew overhead.
Spitfire Mk IX (I think) based at Tangmere carrying out a lazy flying display in the cooling air off Selsey Bill.
Absolutely brilliant and lifted my spirits, it was the perfect end to an arduous day.

Well as I live in Selsey very often see a Spitfire rolling around the sky, although not today though, just a couple of those bloody stupid parachutes with engines attached, noisy bloody things. Cheers Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.