Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: front arch fitment
beaver34

posted on 20/8/12 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
front arch fitment

hi all ,

need to fit some carbon front archs,

what do people do to stop them removing themselfs?

before car had about a ton of silicone holding them on but not sure what type etc as i did not put them on, am i best of bolting them on aswell and sealer or will that crack the carbon and look crap

GOJO

posted on 20/8/12 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
Stika flex/ tiger seal / pu adhesive , double up on latex gloves when using it takes 3 or 4 days to get off your skin and i have 1 bolt on each bracket just on the inner edge just for good measure
austin man

posted on 20/8/12 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
Make sure you key both surfaces before applying the silkaflex, some people also bolt them as a precaution the next time I fit arches I will also be fixing a strip of ally to thr underside with blobs of silkaflex to prevent stone damage. Wish I had done it to the back wings I wouldnt have the cracks I have now

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Chippy

posted on 20/8/12 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
I have mine secured with Evostick "Sticks like S**t", another PU adhesive. I allowed this to set for a couple of days, then cleaned up the PU around the brackets and then put a couple of layers of CSM over the whole lot, much neater than having bolts sticking through the gaurds, IMHO. HTH Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

everest

posted on 20/8/12 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
Front arches

Hi,
I use a Loctite product called 9466 x 50ml .
Its like a two part Araldite , but it self mixes in a special nozzel, but you get a few nozzels with the adhesive.
Used this to bond the front cycle wings onto the stays on my race car, and they never budged.

Hope this helps.
Regards Chris.

Nigel T

posted on 11/9/12 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Need to buy wing stays & wings for cortina hubs 195 tyres wheres best place

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.