Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sausage filter for 2002 R1?
smitht82

posted on 27/8/12 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Sausage filter for 2002 R1?

Hi All,

I purchased my kitcar several months ago and have decided i'd like to add a sausage filter due to the ocation of the air intake being away from the vented bonnet. Could anyne that owns a fuel injected R1 engined BEC let me know how hard it is to source a filter?

Thanks in advance!

twybrow

posted on 27/8/12 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Another BEC in Southampton...! Woohoo!

Most people who choose to go for a sausage filter buy a Pipercross or ITG filter, and blank back plate. Then mark it out for the correct spacing, and cut it out. You might get lucky and find that someone has one for sale 2nd hand after trading up to an airbox....

johnny chimpo

posted on 27/8/12 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
Someone posted up a few weeks ago asking a similar question and I'm sure there was a reply about a tts or itg one for sale second hand. In the end the op went for a brand new one.

Might be worth searching for the thread to see if the second hand one is still available?

Davey D

posted on 28/8/12 at 06:50 AM Reply With Quote
I have a pipercross filter im looking to sell. Its a pipercross C6002 which fits onto a PX600 backplate 55mm external height, and 40mm internal height, so loads of clearance under the bonnet. It is just the filter that i am selling, not the backplate. only selling as i have just fitted a PX600 airbox last week looking for £35 delivered. Ill get some pics of it tonight when i get home if you are interested
Steve Hignett

posted on 28/8/12 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
There is a Pipercross filter for sale, and I've noticed that it comes with a blank (un-drilled) carbon fibre backing plate too!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.