Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: pinto with dcoes and a fast road cam rought jetting help
Autosri

posted on 28/8/12 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
pinto with dcoes and a fast road cam rought jetting help

i have a 2.0l pinto which is bog standard apart from a pair of dcoe 40s which is running really nice at the minute but am looking for that little bit more go i cant remember the jet sizes of the top of my head but will find out and post them up i remember it was running on 34m chokes

the car is comming off the road for some bits and bobs to be done and some of the time is going on the engine the bits im collecting are a kent fr32 cam kit a felpro head gasket a verier pully and 36mm chokes will also be doing some mild diy headwork and port matching/polishing

i know the most importent part of a cams life is the first few minutes of running and needs to be done according to manufactures instructions something like 3k for 10 mins something what worries me is that after fitting the cam and other bits the engine wont start right away or wont start/run correctly due to the incorrect jetting

has anyone got any jet sizes for a similar setup so i can get it running straight away and limp over to the rolling road

thanks guys

Dave Ashurst

posted on 29/8/12 at 06:34 AM Reply With Quote
I'd put it together with plenty of assembly lube, NOT change any of the carburettor settings and not change the chokes. Just prime the oil pump, balance the carbs mechanically (without the engine running), then run-in the cam according to manufacturers instructions on the current carbs set up. Provide it starts and runs on 4 cylinders then it will be fine. The initial cam running in period is dependent on adequate speed and lubrication and not dependent on the niceties of efficient carburation.

Then, if the carbs were already set up and running OK on the standard engine as you say, they will get you to the RR shop on an FR32. Take the chokes with you and ask the RR man to pop them in. Then don't forget to make sure either he gives you the old chokes back or pays you for them!

D

Autosri

posted on 29/8/12 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
So you recon it would run on the original carb settings then just to get through the break in stage

I have a wideband sensor for setting the fueling it's just setting the megajolt up thats the problem as I can't really guess it

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.