Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tin top (Fiesta)- foot on the floor isn't full throttle?!
bigbravedave

posted on 3/9/12 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
Tin top (Fiesta)- foot on the floor isn't full throttle?!

The wifes got a 1.3 fiesta mk6? (the first of the boxy shape, 52 plate) it's always been bionicaly slow with 60hp or so.

at the weekend with 3 up and 3 suitcases, foot on the floor on the m62 climb out of leeds it wasn't doing anymore than 70 in 5th or 75 if you dropped it to 4th.

I washed it last night and just wanted to check that full throttle on the pedal pulled the cable to full throttle on the body. and err it didn't, not by a long way! (it's only been like this for 3 years) I adjusted the cable to get the most travel that I can and its still 5mm from the stop at the throttle body end with the pedal on the floor, and noticeably quicker!

The car has got an early recall bracket on a bracket under the pedal to stop the floor mat catching that also prevents an 8th of travel.

Im genuinely shocked that with the cable adjusted to literally no slack it can’t achieve full throttle at the body. I think im going to have to linish 1/8” off the back of the plastic throttle pedal to achieve it!

Has anyone come accross this before. I started looking in Fiesta forums but soon realised Im 20 years to old to understand the lingo!

adithorp

posted on 3/9/12 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
I've come across this. It was a customers car that they complaned didn't have a lot of poke. I remade (might have just bent it) the bracket on the throttle body so it could get full throttle. Went like stink after (compared to before).

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.