Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zetec ecu??????
paul_mcq

posted on 13/9/04 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
zetec ecu??????

hi there ppl. have a problem want to put a zetec in my car but want to keep the injector system. what do i need to take of the doner car to get the injectors to work. is there a certin bit of loom or do u need the whole thing?????????? i need help wit this. cheers
SeaBass

posted on 13/9/04 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
AFAIK there are problems with security system if you try a partial loom install.

Cheers

paul_mcq

posted on 13/9/04 at 03:50 PM Reply With Quote
all i need to no wat u need to get the engine running cuz i want to use the capri's orginal wiring looom for lights etc. so wat do i need out of the mondeo to get the engine running??????????????????????
dave1888

posted on 13/9/04 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Take everything from the ECU, all cabling relays etc if you dont need it at a later stage then you can bin it.

Tblue

posted on 13/9/04 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Paul, I think you might be better looking at this website.

http://www.classicfords.net/index.php

Plenty of info on fitting Zetecs into older Fords, and there will be more info on moding the suspension etc than on here.

Big Stu

posted on 13/9/04 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
If you are serious about fitting a zetec, I would look through all the previous posts on this topic. It has been discussed many times in the past,
Steve&Steve

posted on 14/9/04 at 12:06 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Just got my 2ltr zetec home today, I've taken pretty much everything from the mondeo (wiring wise) just in case.

I think the security issues 'seabass' is referring to is for cars with the chipped ignition key, in which case the correct chipped ignition key MUST be used with ECU from such a car. I have everything from an L-reg 1994 mondeo without the chipped ignition key so hopefully have bypassed these problems.

I’m very much learning and picking up info as I go so don’t rely solely on my info.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.