Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec + MT75, 'ow much do they weigh?
Browser

posted on 26/9/12 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec + MT75, 'ow much do they weigh?

Gents, as title, anybody any idea of the combines mass?
I will shortly be leaving my place of employ and it's handy 500kg engine crane. I have managed to obtain a 500kg set of chain blocks and am intending to bribe the scaffolding contractor into letting me take some poles & clips to build a couple of A-frames out of to lift heavy things as and when I need to. I've seen them rig lifting beams around site before using doubled-up poles clamped together and was intending to copy this, but wanted to know the weight that would be suspended so I could verify that doubles-up scaff poles would be up to the job.
Anyone weighed their Zetec & MT75 or know the weights please?

loggyboy

posted on 26/9/12 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
IIRC the zetec is about 120kg and if the image below is correct the dry box is only 30kg, even with ancilarrys and fluids I cant see it being more than 40kg.

I whipped out an XE (135kg) with single cantilvered scafold pole. only deflected about 10-15mm.

[Edited on 26-9-12 by loggyboy]

[Edited on 26-9-12 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

Chippy

posted on 26/9/12 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
I lifted two 1.8 TDI Ford lumps, (one at a time), with just one pole held between two supports approximately 6 feet apart, did bend slightly, but once the weight was off it returned to straight, so didn't bend enough to deform the tube. I would guess that they are somewhat heavier than a Zetec. HTH Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

Browser

posted on 26/9/12 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies guys, I will equip myself with a sufficiency of scaffold tubes before I leave.

Nickp

posted on 26/9/12 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
I've got doubled up scaffold poles spanning my single garage, so 8-9ftish. This easily supportss a iron blocked Camry V6 engine and box and done a straight 6 BMW engine and box no bother, so a measily 4 pot should be a doddle
snapper

posted on 27/9/12 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
I ran two short scaffolds across two roof beams then one pole across the scafold forming an H section
This was very strong

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.