Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: LSD
aerodynamix

posted on 30/9/12 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
LSD

Ford LSD complete in casing , tag on casing indicates 3.92 . Top mounting is two bolts so I am thinking this will be a 7.5" diff although stand to be corrected .

The chap I bought it off stripped the car for spares and used the gearbox and engine , as far as he was aware it was in good running order when car was broken although I cannot confirm this personally , I was told it came from a Sierra xr4x4 DOHC .

Yours for the sum of £150.00 , I can arrange delivery but would have to check cost due to weight , I would imagine to standard uk adresses it would be £20.00 or less .

u2u me or ring 07971 264550 or email : julianeisel at aol.com

Cheers Julian

please note this is a personal sale as is not related to my business

[Edited on 30/9/12 by aerodynamix]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

snapper

posted on 30/9/12 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
Stand up and I will correct
It'll be a 7" 3.9 LSD diff or it should be if it came from a 4x4 2.0L DOHC

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

aerodynamix

posted on 30/9/12 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
7 or 7.5

Yes I make it a 7.5" but I was told it came from a xr4x4 2.0 DOHC , so I too make it from information I have looked up to be a 7.5" and not the 7" that you would assume to be fitted to that type of car all I can suppose is that the guy gave me wrong information and was more likely to be a granada or scorpio that it came from .
Chippy

posted on 30/9/12 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
Well it's a fairly easy check, just measure across the top fixings, if 7" thats what it will measure, equally if 7.5" thats what it will be. HTH Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

loggyboy

posted on 30/9/12 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
also easy visually too, if the top bolt goes in to a hole and doest reapear till it comes out the other side its a 7.5, if you can see the bolt between each side then its a 7".

(7 inch on left)

Mistral Motorsport

aerodynamix

posted on 30/9/12 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
7.5" Diff LSD

Thanks for all the replies , I can now confirm as already mentioned this is definately the 7.5" diff with LSD , it has the two bolts on the top mounting , is of 3.92 type and has bolt on CV's and definately measure 7.5" .
This also shouldn't have come from the vehicle mentioned who I bought it off , this came with other items I needed so is surplus to requirements , now we know exactly what we are talking about any takers ?

aerodynamix

posted on 2/10/12 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
LSD

Now On Ebay : Sierra / Granada 7.5' LSD Differential Westfield Kitcar Pilgrim Locost Caterham | eBay
aerodynamix

posted on 9/10/12 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
SOLD

SORRY SOLD

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.