Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fiat 2 litre twincam engine for sale, plus gearbox and assorted ancillaries.
Dave Ashurst

posted on 4/11/12 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
Fiat 2 litre twincam engine for sale, plus gearbox and assorted ancillaries.

Fiat 1995cc twincam engine, plus rwd gearbox, fiat propshaft and assorted ancillaries. It also comes with a new unopened engine gasket set.

Engine block casting ref: 132 DB 2A 0

Bought for hillclimb but never used. Now surplus to requirements. Dry stored, oil sprayed in ports and periodically turned over by hand.

Parts are available if needed from various sources including Guy Croft (linky), Middle Barton Garage (linky), amongst others.

£200 for collection from my storage container at U-Store, Harbury Lane, Leamington Spa, CV33 9SA.

Posted here first, but I'll probably advertise it elsewhere soon.

D

P.S. Guy Croft wrote about Fiat twincam engines in his 1996 workshop manual:

" Fiat's TC designs (later adopted for the Lancia range) dominated World Championship rallying in the Seventies. They were only really matched by the Ford/Cosworth BDA, which by comparison with the Fiat TC was produced in tiny numbers. The Fiat 131/132 2 litre engine, in particular, is one of the classic production engines of all time, and having been conceived with Gp 4 homologation in mind, was essentially a race engine fitted in a production car, a point lost on most owners preoccupied with corrosion.

For example, few if any volume manufacturers went to the trouble of installing heat-treated, forged crankshafts (capable of withstanding the punishing torque of the works 131 cars) in their production vehicles, and few other manufacturers have left such an outstanding fundamental design so little altered in over 20 years....

... The potential of the entire range for uprating is phenomenal, and the ease with which this may be carried out is quite unique to the Fiat / Lancia TC. "

(ref Modifying Fiat/Lancia Twin-Cam Engines, The Guy Croft Workshop Manual, Motor Racing Publications, 1996. ISBN 0-947981-98-5)

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

owelly

posted on 4/11/12 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
I got £250 for a dismantled Fiat TC engine and £180 for the gearbox to suit so this seems a very good price! Good luck with the sale.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dave Ashurst

posted on 4/11/12 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
Oh, perhaps I should increase the price.... where did you sell yours?

Also I should check the gearbox ref, I think it might be a ZF model.

D

owelly

posted on 4/11/12 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
I had it on EBay. I had loads of folks wanting to buy bits off the engine and the remote off the gearbox as well as the usual BIN requests but I just tlet the auction run. I had folks contacting me for weeks after asking about it!!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
WestfieldSEI

posted on 21/11/12 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
U2U sent
Dave Ashurst

posted on 23/11/12 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WestfieldSEI
U2U sent

Yes it's still for sale.

Dick Axtell

posted on 23/11/12 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Hello David.

just caught sight of this thread - again! Very tempted to make an offer - for future mods. Thinking "Where could I store it all??". Lock-up room is tight. Even so ..............................!

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

Dave Ashurst

posted on 2/12/12 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for U2U messages this week. I have replied to all.
Yes, this is still for sale and not yet advertised elsewhere.

D

Dave Ashurst

posted on 8/12/12 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
sold

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.