Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: CBR1000RR Idle Speed
enginearin

posted on 19/11/12 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
CBR1000RR Idle Speed

Hello all,

Just got the car going again after swapping in a replacement '05 engine (broke the previous gearbox) and the car now idles at 2450rpm regardless of engine temperature.

Anybody got any idea of what i should be checking? I thought that it may be an airlock in the automatic fast idle adjuster thing (has coolant piped though it)... any thoughts?

I used the throttle bodies and sensors off my previous engine, so the TPS should be fine. Could it be other sensors? Would a faulty water temp sensor cause these symptoms? I measure water temp in the top hose, so i have no read out for the original engine coolant temp sensor.

Any ideas gratefully accepted

Thanks

Tim

Davey D

posted on 19/11/12 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
doesnt it have a knob to manually adjust the idle? my 06 Yamaha R1 does. a flexi pipe with a knob on the end... goes to a grub screw that opens the throttle boddies
Bare

posted on 19/11/12 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmm.. Just went through my '08 CBR600RR oem service manual seeking advise on this.
Seems that the IAC valve is the ONLY idle control . No idle screws to dick with... beyond basic throttle cable adjustment
Certainly a possible sensor issue. Or even a loose plug connection or air leak from a misaligned hose?.
The ECU has a Diagnostic on mine.. allegedly a very good one.
I'm thinking a few mins with a Honda Code reader Gizmo (likely Dealer only though) would reveal all ?
Gotta love moderne electronics.. having said that; at least it's a Honda system which has time proven incredibly reliable.. unlike those horrid Bosch based bungles :-)

Andy B

posted on 19/11/12 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
The stock temp sender can cause this as it supplies the info to the ecu that affects fuelling, also check all the vac hoses that hook up to the map sensor. If you still have issues call me on 07906561838 as my landline is still down due to BT being an inept bunch of clowns but that's another story!
Regards
Andy

enginearin

posted on 19/11/12 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
doesnt it have a knob to manually adjust the idle? my 06 Yamaha R1 does. a flexi pipe with a knob on the end... goes to a grub screw that opens the throttle boddies

quote:
Originally posted by Bare
Hmmm.. Just went through my '08 CBR600RR oem service manual seeking advise on this.
Seems that the IAC valve is the ONLY idle control . No idle screws to dick with... beyond basic throttle cable adjustment
Certainly a possible sensor issue. Or even a loose plug connection or air leak from a misaligned hose?.
The ECU has a Diagnostic on mine.. allegedly a very good one.
I'm thinking a few mins with a Honda Code reader Gizmo (likely Dealer only though) would reveal all ?
Gotta love moderne electronics.. having said that; at least it's a Honda system which has time proven incredibly reliable.. unlike those horrid Bosch based bungles :-)

Thanks Both... i have an adjuster knob on my '05 blade engine, but it's not that.

quote:
The stock temp sender can cause this as it supplies the info to the ecu that affects fuelling, also check all the vac hoses that hook up to the map sensor. If you still have issues call me on 07906561838 as my landline is still down due to BT being an inept bunch of clowns but that's another story!
Regards
Andy

Thanks Andy... i'll check all the vacuum lines and check wiring to the temp sensor. If still stuggling will swap the temp sender with the one from the old engine.

Hope you're back online soon!

Further to our last telephone conversation... I just sold my house this weekend, so i might make a couple of races in RGB next year after all

enginearin

posted on 4/12/12 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
For completeness... it was coolant sensor.

Thanks for all the help

Tim

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.