Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Yet more stuff for sale on Ebay
alexg1965

posted on 25/11/12 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Yet more stuff for sale on Ebay

Now the car's gone, I can sell all the tools, etc.

Link

emwmarine

posted on 25/11/12 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Why are you selling the tools. You can always use good tools?

Building a Dax Rush.

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 25/11/12 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Can you give me anymore info on the boost controller? How does it work?

Ta

alexg1965

posted on 25/11/12 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
Well I've given up on car building so they won't be much use. Got to make room for an Ariel Atom (don't tell the wife!).

As for the boost controller, it works on turbocharged engines and replaces the standard solenoid that acivates the wastegate. It senses the manifold pressure and opens the wastegate at a set overpressure that can be set by the user. And it has two settings, so you could have a race setting and a road one or a wet and dry setting. I think they're used a lot on Japanese boy racer's cars. Mine came off a Cosworth Sierra which also had a flaming exhaust set-up! You need to ensure that the ECU is chipped as well as it senses manifold pressure too and can cut the fuel pump at its idea of overpressure.
I'm sure if I've got any of this wrong, I will be corrected by the LCB masses.

Peteff

posted on 26/11/12 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
What's an Odyssey belly putter 44", is it some kind of panel beating tool ?

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 26/11/12 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alexg1965
Well I've given up on car building so they won't be much use. Got to make room for an Ariel Atom (don't tell the wife!).

As for the boost controller, it works on turbocharged engines and replaces the standard solenoid that acivates the wastegate. It senses the manifold pressure and opens the wastegate at a set overpressure that can be set by the user. And it has two settings, so you could have a race setting and a road one or a wet and dry setting. I think they're used a lot on Japanese boy racer's cars. Mine came off a Cosworth Sierra which also had a flaming exhaust set-up! You need to ensure that the ECU is chipped as well as it senses manifold pressure too and can cut the fuel pump at its idea of overpressure.
I'm sure if I've got any of this wrong, I will be corrected by the LCB masses.

Sorry, should have explained a bit better!

I've got a rough idea how the work, just wondered how this model specifically worked. looking for something to help control boost on my mini.

Have you used it or did you just take it off the Cosworth? are all the bits you need for it there?

thanks

bi22le

posted on 26/11/12 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
What's an Odyssey belly putter 44", is it some kind of panel beating tool ?

HA HA I recon you could use it for that but it wont make a panel very straight or smooth!

I guess its a sports weapon for hitting golf balls into holes. Key work being PUTTER.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

alexg1965

posted on 26/11/12 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I did use the boost controller. All the bits are there. You'll need to run some wires here and there but it's an easy installation. To set the boost level there are two knobs that pop out to adjust.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.