Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Seeking a Kit car mechanic near bucks
p2ccolo

posted on 10/12/12 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Seeking a Kit car mechanic near bucks

Hi guys, I am currently actively looking to buy a bec kit car , Likely an mk indy. However as I don't have any mechanical know how, as soon as I've found the right car I will be seeking someone to carry out some work for me.

What work exactly will depend on the car, but likely to be a few cosmetic mods, possibly things like fitting a detachable steering wheel, roll cage, electronic reverse and possibly a few bits and pieces that are a bit more mechanically involved.

With this said can anybody recommend a garage in the south east that could carry out the work or if there is anyone on here who would be interested in doing some work please give me a shout! I am of coarse willing to pay someone a decent rate to carry out any work.

Cheers!

Graham

[Edited on 10/12/12 by p2ccolo]

Coopz

posted on 10/12/12 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Buckinghamshire?
andy188

posted on 10/12/12 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
where about in bucks r u,

whats the problem.

Andy

p2ccolo

posted on 10/12/12 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Wow you guys reply quick , was using my iPad and accidentally brushed the submit button before finishing typing my message, please see above my edit first post, cheers!

Ps. Im in chesham

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 10/12/12 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Whereabouts are you im in bicester have my own business repairing cars owned a few kitcars/ classics etc.. work on allsorts of cars....
p2ccolo

posted on 10/12/12 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Ian I am in chesham, so not too far from Bicester..

I currently have my eye on an mk that a forum member has offered me at a not too bad price, but it needs a couple of small bits and pieces plus some other custom work that I would want to add to it, if you or anyone else whos local is interested in doing the work please send me a private message and I will send all the info I have and perhaps I could get a ball park quote for how much you'd charge and how long it would take?

Thanks

andy188

posted on 10/12/12 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
hi Graham/Ian,

looks like Ian would be more suited for your upgrades etc, give me a u2u if i can b off any help, extra pair of hands etc, i live in shabington now, not far from bicester/chesham etc.

Andy

ashg

posted on 10/12/12 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
snodhurst service station would be my first choice. Dick and his boys there are all kit car nuts, they are fair and square and the quality of their work is spot on and very fairly priced.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

number-1

posted on 11/12/12 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
For engine work i use Dave Wood Racing in Aylesbury (Ex BSB racer) but PDQ in slough have the full set up for BECs but they charge well for it
gtr_garner

posted on 16/12/12 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
i live in chesham as well

i have used MSG in aston clinton so far but will be checking out DWR (dave woods racing) as a friend works there. Gav from MSG was Dave Wood's mechanic when he was in BSB so he knows his stuff also

Agree with the above PDQ in taplow has also b good reviews, im getting them to map my power commander and quickshift in once i find the money.

If you need any bodywork doing let me know my good friend owns a bodyshop in Chalfont St Peter. He's done a few kit cars now around the area including mine

This is mine i doubt youll have to keep your eyes open too much to spot it around chesham

Johneturbo

posted on 16/12/12 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
I'm just the otherside of Amersham, happy to help with anything BEC that your not sure about
gtr_garner

posted on 16/12/12 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
How are you with wiring? lol
p2ccolo

posted on 17/12/12 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated.

gtr_garner, that kit looks awesome, what is it? Also, I wonder if we know each other/ I know who you are?! It's not that big of a place after all.

Graham

[Edited on 17/12/12 by p2ccolo]

gtr_garner

posted on 17/12/12 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
Hey Graham,

I've lived in chesham (well chartridge) the majority of my life.
The kit is an Mk GT1, it's only been around chesham a few times because I keep it in a secure unit elsewhere but you may have seen my other past cars (red r33 gtr) or my daily - black e92 m3 with black wheels.

Who knows we may well know each other we may not!

p2ccolo

posted on 17/12/12 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
ha, small world! I'm pretty sure I know who you are, you've got a personalised plate not too disimilar to your user name often parked up in Amersham (I remember as the number plate is very memorable and pass on the way to work and i've seen the car around quite a bit.) I think I was in the year above you at CHS!

Johneturbo

posted on 17/12/12 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gtr_garner
How are you with wiring? lol

I'm no expert with wiring as this is just a hobby! i have stripped a few bike looms down and fitted a immobilizer without any issues

as long as you have a wiring diagram it's not that difficult

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.