Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Recommend me a car cover
bigbravedave

posted on 13/12/12 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
Recommend me a car cover

Ok so the rare times a throw a cover over one my cars its an old sheet or blanket, But I was thinking for Christmas I could buy the old man an indoor car cover to through over his recently resprayed classic . (yes he is one of them guys who has all he wants and is impossible to buy for)

So can anyone recommend a good indoor car cover, I was thinking he might like it more if it had a logo on it.

I have no idea where to start with this (do they scratch paint?)

jacko

posted on 13/12/12 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look on ebay there is some nice covers on there with name plates
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bi22le

posted on 14/12/12 at 12:22 AM Reply With Quote
I use halfords outdoors premium but my car actually lives outdoors!

No advice pn fixing logos or such like to it though.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

coyoteboy

posted on 14/12/12 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
I'm interested in this too because my tin top lives outdoors but doesn't get used for half the year. I don't want to trap moisture inside and I don't believe that breathable fabrics work unless there's a temp difference across them (causing the moisture to turn to vapour and leave that way), so it leaves me wondering if it's worth it at all. Especially when high winds could cause paint damage even on clean bodywork?
beaver34

posted on 15/12/12 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
I'm interested in this too because my tin top lives outdoors but doesn't get used for half the year. I don't want to trap moisture inside and I don't believe that breathable fabrics work unless there's a temp difference across them (causing the moisture to turn to vapour and leave that way), so it leaves me wondering if it's worth it at all. Especially when high winds could cause paint damage even on clean bodywork?

ive kept my classic vw camper under a stormforce cover this year and that bare metal thats been great keeps it dry when its battering it down and it has really rusted so that a bonus

coyoteboy

posted on 15/12/12 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
Lol, maybe bare metal is am unfair test!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.