Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: anyone know southern france well?
daniel mason

posted on 4/1/13 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
anyone know southern france well?

i really like the south of france and am thinking of going again this year with a stop on the way there and back for a day somewhere. last year we stayed in ste maxime in the gulf of st tropez for 7 days which was fantastic and stayed in dijon and lyon for a night each also which were nice.
this year i fancy somewhere in the south east but ideally and hour or 2 from the coast and up in the hills. anyone know of any nice areas with nice hotels,villas,restaurants,villages etc a pool is a must and the hotter the better really,it will be early august too. cheers

edsco

posted on 4/1/13 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
If you head down towards Nice / Monaco way its lovely down there. Its right at the foot hills to the Alps so makes good for a bit driving action and the scenery is amazing. During the summer months for about 8 years i (me and the gang) would head down to Briancon area for a lot of summer very hot kayaking. Some amazing rivers to paddle and for us it was essential to have good night life what with all the local towns having weekly festivities on in the town squares, local bars and eateries....
Some excellent chatauxes (spelling) to visit in the French Alps too. Well worth a trip. It is a bit odd seeing ski resorts when driving through completely deserted in the baking hot summers.

Worth a trip i'd say.

edsco

RK

posted on 4/1/13 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
First off I get the impression that rents are going down. Second if you are going to drive everywhere there are are of course 3. Roads going from stTropez/ nice to Italian border. Trains are as u may know very cheap, and a lot quicker than buses. U might want to check out Menton right near the Italian border. It is very quiet but near everything. Parking is no problem. U hAve a huge choice of where to go there. I know nothing about further inland.
Volvorsport

posted on 4/1/13 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
hotel of the three valleys....

col de turini ... theres lots of appartments for rent in that area .

if we were travelling down there , then lyon is just about the only stop doable in one day...

i know theres a couple of old race tracks that have been saved in the south , might be worth investigating.

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

zekill

posted on 4/1/13 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
I'm in southern France.
1 hour from coast (montpellier), there are lot of things to visit, nice roads too.
you're coming with your kit car ?

Fisher Fury with Phoenix bodywork, Blade 919cc

coozer

posted on 4/1/13 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
There you go Daniel, zekill offering somewhere to stay

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

daniel mason

posted on 4/1/13 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
no, ill be in the tin top with luggage. was thinking of verdon gorges but didnt want inflated food/drink prices in hotels due to being isolated so was after somewhere with close by shops,markets,restaurants,bars etc.
wasnt sure if there was any where suitable in this area

zekill

posted on 4/1/13 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
If you like rivers, i recommanded 'saint enimie' or 'Anduze'.
there are more cheap regions than east coast and beautiful too.
very hot too in June, July, August.

Fisher Fury with Phoenix bodywork, Blade 919cc

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.