Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Thieving bast**ds
Locost_col

posted on 31/1/13 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Thieving bast**ds

Been an expensive week for me. Nipped to b and q to buy some plywood and returned to find my van minus my power tools and flue gas analyser

Real bummer is that I cancelled tool cover last yr to save money on insurance

Spoke to security about CCTV and they only have cameras at the general public end not trade point!! Great idea when all traders with vans full of tools park there. He also said 4 vans done since Christmas. Thanks for putting warning signs up.

So if your unlucky enough to be visiting St. Helens avoid b an q like the plague

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Grimsdale

posted on 31/1/13 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
i'd be turning up, leaving a mate in the back with a 12 gauge and hoping they go for seconds.
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 31/1/13 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Nothing but Empathy.

I can't risk the stress of parking the Series LR anywhere, after the doors and bonnet were stolen outside Tesco here.
I love this country and it's 'people'.

owelly

posted on 31/1/13 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
My three year old daughter had her colouring books and pencil case stolen from off the table in MaccyDs! I was buying the grub and she and her brother (7) were sat at the table but popped to see how long I would be. 30 seconds or so? Not quite the same as nicking a few hundred quids worth of tools but what sort of twunt nicks a childs books?!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MkIndy7

posted on 1/2/13 at 12:19 AM Reply With Quote
What is the obsession with Flue Gas analysers.. I'm sure they must pinch them thinking there something else.. The calibration every year costs a good funk of what they cost new so they can't be worth that much on the seconds hand market surely!. Every time one of our works vans gets done over they always seem to take them too.

Hope you manage to make ends meet ok untill you can manage to replace them.. Just goes to show they'll CCTV you having a sh*it but not cover anywhere that's actually important!

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 1/2/13 at 12:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by motorcycle_mayhem
Nothing but Empathy.

I can't risk the stress of parking the Series LR anywhere, after the doors and bonnet were stolen outside Tesco here.
I love this country and it's 'people'.

I sympathise with you! SWMBO hates me asking her to shuffle cars on the drive, but I hate leaving my Defender 90 anywhere other than right outside my house, blocked in with another vehicle.

5 defenders/series have been stolen within a 10 mile radius of my house within the last week - police are stopping most people driving similar vehicles about and questioning them. I heard one guy in Screwfix the other day saying he had his 110 stolen the previous night, and the scummers rammed his work van out of the way using the Landy, before making off.

I had a Halfords Pro 3/8 & 1/2" socket set nabbed from the boot of a locked car once which was bad enough at £150 worth, but heaven help me if I catch anyone going for anything now....

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

jossey

posted on 1/2/13 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear. On the subject of people stealing off kids when we went sledging in Leeds 2 young kids went down the hill n came back up crying someone had nicked the sledges off them, the kids can't have been more than 4-6

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.