Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Heating Programable TRVs Pegler Terrier itemp I30
britishtrident

posted on 13/2/13 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
Heating Programable TRVs Pegler Terrier itemp I30

Up grading the central heating controls I just fitted a programmable roomstat and i am now looking at the other rooms anybody tried Pegler Terrier itemp I30 programable radiator valves -- they look good value particularly as they can be remotely programmed by either a remote or from a PC.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

JoelP

posted on 13/2/13 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
Never tried one but always fancied having one to turn off the main lounge radiator overnight.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

coyoteboy

posted on 13/2/13 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
Don't forget that unless you keep all doors shut you'll be seeing very little gain from having rad stats set lower in some rooms or overnight as the remaining rads try their hardest to heat the whole house.

MkIndy7

posted on 13/2/13 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
I'd have thought there more of a commercial (or retrofit) thing really, where different offices work different times of the day etc and it stops people meddling with them where they didn't have proper controls installed in the first place or maybe its Cheeper than installing a full control system.

Higher initial investment than normal TRV's and there will be an ongoing cost with replacing the batteries etc I can't see them making that much difference in a domestic system but I'm happy to be proved wrong lol

Peteff

posted on 13/2/13 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
I've only read about them but a lot of comments are about how noisy they are in operation.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

britishtrident

posted on 14/2/13 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
My main reason for fitting them is by delaying the start of heating to some rooms they would give a quicker warm up in the mornings to the rooms used in the early part of the morning.
Noise isn't going to be problem as they would be fitted at least initially in places like the down stairs loo, both home offices, kitchen.

[/I]

britishtrident

posted on 14/2/13 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
I now have fitted one to the downstairs loo, fitting was easy programming was not so easy, instructions as clear as mud and don't detail all the functions however it is now setup and working. Not too noisy in operation. If it works as expected over few weeks i will fit them to more rooms but a computer interface will be a must have.

[/I]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.