Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Harness anchor covers
leon51274

posted on 20/2/13 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
Harness anchor covers

Morning all

What have you guys used as the covers for the top anchor points on your harnesses? I seem to be struggling to locate something at the mo, and even ebay has a very limited selection. Have people got away with just snap on trim and bolt covers for IVA? I would hate to fail IVA on something so simple, so in an ideal world I'd like to get the job done proper rather than take the risk!

Cheers
Leon

pewe

posted on 20/2/13 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
I used the plastic covers which fit on the top mounts of a tin-top three point seatbelt courtesy of the local scrappy.
Needed a bit of trimming with the Stanley knife and some edging trim just in case.
Dobbed Extreme glue onto the top of the mounting bolt, left it overnight to set - job was a good 'un.
If you are really stuck PM me and I'll dig them out - somewhere in bottom-less pit of spares as they were removed as soon as the car passed.
HTH.
Cheers, Pewe10
Note to self - need to do a Scootz and have a clear out sale.

Same as Daddylong legs is showing vv - not worth the petrol to the scrappy at that price!
[Edited on 20/2/13 by pewe]

[Edited on 20/2/13 by pewe]

Daddylonglegs

posted on 20/2/13 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
I used similar to PAJERO SEATBELT SEAT BELT TRIM COVERS X1 2.5 2.8 V6 MK2 4M40 BOX10 | eBay, made a hole in the middle to suit M12 nut covers, glued them in and they just pop over the bolts. Simples!

Passed IVA fine.

http://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2/MGalleryItem.php?id=1255

Tried adding the picture as normal but for some reason it added someone elses' piccy!!!??!

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

PeterV

posted on 20/2/13 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
I made up some Mini Darth Vader helmets for the rear and flat cap vesions for the floor. All made from 3" nylon rod with nut covers super glued inside. Pics are on my build website here...

Linky

IVA man was very impressed All that effort only to get the top of the dash & steering wheel spoke radius wrong.... dooh

leon51274

posted on 20/2/13 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the feedback guys, much appreciated.

Regards
Leon

pewe

posted on 20/2/13 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
PeterV ^^ good solution to the covers but unless the pic in your archive was before final tightening the lower locking nut wouldn't have passed inspection had it been visible.
The self-locking part of the nut doesn't look like it's contacting sufficient, or any thread.
IIRC they want at least 1.5-2 pitches visible for adequate locking otherwise the danger is it will vibrate loose.
Maybe you should check your nuts?
Cheers, Pewe10

Jimfin

posted on 20/2/13 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
This arrangement passed the IVA - nut cover, knock on trim and cable tie for extra security.

IVA seatbelt bolt covers
IVA seatbelt bolt covers

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.