Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec bling.
madteg

posted on 21/2/13 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec bling.

Just had one of these delivered, must say very happy and what a bargain.
Check this out. Ebay 261160085618.
Now check this out Ebay 270495868672. How do people warrant a price difference like that.

monck

posted on 21/2/13 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
I nearly posted this before after seeing it

Crazy

big_wasa

posted on 21/2/13 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Very nice, let us know how you get on as there is a lot of debate about single mass pulleys increasing crank flex at the nose and the oil pump breaking up on big power zetec's

edit,

the stupid price will be due to him being out of stock and saves him the relisting fees.

[Edited on 21/2/13 by big_wasa]

Mark Allanson

posted on 21/2/13 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
49 people thought it was value for money!

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

NigeEss

posted on 21/2/13 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
And those 41 people paid considerably less that £410.99. So it's a typo by the seller.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

AndyW

posted on 21/2/13 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NigeEss
And those 41 people paid considerably less that £410.99. So it's a typo by the seller.

Or they wack up the price whilst they have no stock so they dont have to pay any e-bay fee's. Seen it loads before where instead of removing a listing they just wack up the price knowing no one will buy it, then get stock and put price down again

edited, next time I must read all responses first,

[Edited on 21/2/13 by AndyW]

loggyboy

posted on 21/2/13 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&_trksid=p2047675.l2564&rt=nc&item=270495868672
List of sold items

d***d( 145) £37.79 1 14-Jan-13 21:58:17 GMT
s***s( 139) £41.99 1 06-Dec-12 22:42:27 GMT
l***l( 114) £41.99 1 28-Oct-12 19:06:33 GMT
l***l( 666) £41.99 1 07-Nov-11 12:21:13 GMT

Mistral Motorsport

Dooey99

posted on 21/2/13 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
i emailed the people selling the one for £410.99 pointing the price out thinking it was there mistake and its because they are out of stock, so they make it really expensive so know one buys it because if they were to take it off ebay and then put it back on it would cost them more!

i thought it i pointed out there mistake i might get a free one. it was no mistake :'(

Less weight more speed, more power more speed

If in doubt, give it a clout

Dooey99

posted on 21/2/13 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
how long did it take the one from america to arrive? as im thinking about buying one

Less weight more speed, more power more speed

If in doubt, give it a clout

madteg

posted on 22/2/13 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
Arrived in 10 days from US
Paul Turner

posted on 22/2/13 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Look at the 3rd post down. Is it worth the risk for a bit of extra bling that you cannot see.

http://passionford.com/forum/restorations-rebuilds-and-projects/354349-zetec-alloy-crank-pulley-7-9bhp-gain-true-or-false.html

If they were necessary Raceline, Dunnell and Scholar etc would be trying to lighten our wallets.

On the old x-flow a billet front pulley was essential as the standard pressed item would disintegrate at the revs a tuned engine would reach. On those engines the billet pulley was steel and actually heavier than the standard item but it never stopped my engine reaching 9000 rpm and producing lots of power.

Save your money.

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 22/2/13 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
I got one of these the other week (or very similar, from a UK supplier) for my silvertop, and had already read that post.

Yes, I understand that the OE unit had a dampener on it (which is meant for taking some of the strain from the components running off it), but also acts as a noise suppressant at the same time.

I've heard different stories both good and bad, and thought I would give it a go. I'm 30% expecting something to go wrong, but at the end of the day I look at it the following way - we're all running cars with engines in them that weren't designed that way by the manufacturers. As soon as you change anything from standard, will the engine ever be as reliable?!?

I don't think the likes of Scholar, Dunnell and Raceline would sell them if they didn't do something to engine performance. That said, they all do race/tuning parts, and I suspect they're happy to rebuild engines a lot more than we all are!

I say it's very much a personal thing, but be confident in why you're buying it and stick to your guns if that's your decision (until maybe something goes wrong, and then we'll all hear about it!).

[Edited on 22/2/13 by Charlie_Zetec]

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

Paul Turner

posted on 22/2/13 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie_Zetec

I don't think the likes of Scholar, Dunnell and Raceline would sell them if they didn't do something to engine performance. That said, they all do race/tuning parts, and I suspect they're happy to rebuild engines a lot more than we all are!

[Edited on 22/2/13 by Charlie_Zetec]

Think you misunderstood me, what I was trying to say was Raceline, Dunnell and Scholar do not offer these lightweight alloy pulleys (as far as I know). If they were any benefit they would surely offer them.

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 22/2/13 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
Paul, Dunnell do offer them! Without name dropping, that's who I bought mine off the other week. That and a new alternator pulley as well.

Unsure about Scholar and Raceline though, I must admit.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

Paul Turner

posted on 22/2/13 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie_Zetec
Paul, Dunnell do offer them! Without name dropping, that's who I bought mine off the other week. That and a new alternator pulley as well.

Unsure about Scholar and Raceline though, I must admit.

Things have changed then. When I approached Dunnell, Raceline etc back in 2001 re fitting the Zetec they all told me the same i.e. DON'T. Having been brought up on x-flows where, as I said above, fitting a billet pulley was essential I was surprised but they explained why not and it made sense and saved money.

I am always willing to spend money improving things when standard components are not up to the job (or just look plain shite and are in full view) and many companies in the past have tried to open my wallet but when several companies tell me not to spend money I am always willing to listen.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.