Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Type 9 spacer
ludsonline

posted on 27/2/13 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
Type 9 spacer

Hi,
Has anybody used this kit from Retroford?.

Retroford Spacer

Paul Turner

posted on 27/2/13 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
I use the 30mm one from Caterham, more expensive but does not require the input shaft cutting. The Retro Ford one looks quite thin and is simply a flat piece of metal, the Caterham on is cast and machined to include the register that the bellhousing locates on.

Also note that some 2.8 gearboxes have the heavy duty lay shaft assembly that has an external bearing spigot at the front of the gearbox, my current one does, an earlier one I used did not. The Caterham spacer is cast to clear this spigot, a flat plate will simply not fit. When I used the Caterham spacer with the earlier gearbox I tapped a bolt into the cut out to prevent the layshaft moving forward, simply removed bolt when I used the later gearbox.

mookaloid

posted on 27/2/13 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
Another vote for the Caterham option here. It just works.

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

blakep82

posted on 27/2/13 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
Burton power do them, phone them up and they'll post for the cost of stamps etc, not the amount the website quotes. At least they did for me when I bought some years ago

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.