Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Finally got the Furore out on track!
russbost

posted on 27/2/13 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
Finally got the Furore out on track!

Well it's been a long time since I took the first production Furore F1 out on track, that was back in 2009 just b4 driving the car to Le Mans & was a very basic 4AGE engined car. For all sorts of reasons & pressures I simply don't seem to have found the time to get any of the ZZR1400 engined cars out on track - until now.

So finally some onboard video of the car in action last w/e, I should have some further video coming from the trackside, but waiting on someone else to see that myself. Hope you find it worth a look - make sure you have the volume up!!!

There are 2 videos on my Facebook page (while you're there please "like" us - get me over the 100 likes!), make sure you look a little further down the page for a pic of how it looked when we unloaded the car in the morning! It was a tad chilly!

The videos aren't monetised so no annoying adverts

Link to fb videos

& also on YouTube if you prefer

Link to YouTube videos

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 27/2/13 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
liked!
big-vee-twin

posted on 27/2/13 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
That sounds fantastic

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

ceebmoj

posted on 27/2/13 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
also liked, and thanks for the info on battery.

A while back you had some shots of a revised curvier rear body work did you get that finished? and are there photos?

[Edited on 27/2/13 by ceebmoj]

russbost

posted on 27/2/13 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
Like many things that just sort of stalled last year, but Alan at AGM Sportscars is working on it at the moment & I hope to have some pics available soon.

Re the batteries, all the Li battery prices have come down a bit recently, typically by around 5%, so they are a bit cheaper than they were & unlikely to change again in the very near future at least.

[Edited on 27/2/13 by russbost]

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
adithorp

posted on 27/2/13 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
Where is that filmed?

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

russbost

posted on 27/2/13 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
It's a small airfield circuit, I'm not aware of it being open for public trackdays - it would be too small for many cars on track at once - it's near Bourne End, Hemel Hempsted operated by VIP Supercar Experience if anyone fancies a run in Lambo Gallardo, Audi R8 & shortly a Ferrari (don't know which one) I can probably get you a discount - it's usually around £130 for 3 laps in each of the above (9 laps in 3 different cars)

cloudy

posted on 27/2/13 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
Would be interested if they wanted to run a bring your own car trackday! On the doorstep...

James

www.warnercars.com

emwmarine

posted on 27/2/13 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
Well it's been a long time since I took the first production Furore F1 out on track, that was back in 2009 just b4 driving the car to Le Mans & was a very basic 4AGE engined car. For all sorts of reasons & pressures I simply don't seem to have found the time to get any of the ZZR1400 engined cars out on track - until now.

So finally some onboard video of the car in action last w/e, I should have some further video coming from the trackside, but waiting on someone else to see that myself. Hope you find it worth a look - make sure you have the volume up!!!

There are 2 videos on my Facebook page (while you're there please "like" us - get me over the 100 likes!), make sure you look a little further down the page for a pic of how it looked when we unloaded the car in the morning! It was a tad chilly!

Link to fb videos

Link to YouTube videos

As i'm around the corner from you in Thorpe Bay, I really am going have to come around and have a look.

Building a Dax Rush.

russbost

posted on 27/2/13 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by emwmarine
quote:

Link to fb videos

Link to YouTube videos

As i'm around the corner from you in Thorpe Bay, I really am going have to come around and have a look.

You're very welcome anytime we can make convenient & I'll promise not to try & sell you a kit or a car! Just give me a ring beforehand to make sure I'm around 07905 879407
Would happily take you out for a run when the weather is better, but I live down an unmade road & really don't like taking the car out much this time of year as it gets filthy if road is wet - if we get a dry spell however ..................
As you're local, you ought to come along to the Essex Kitcar club (essexkitcarclub.com) meets up at Chelmsford once a month, you'd be welcomed whether you're driving/building/or just dreaming about a car.

Confused but excited.

posted on 27/2/13 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
FM, that sounds well!

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

johnH20

posted on 27/2/13 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Russ,
Can't believe you have not tracked it before! I just love the through the suspension shots. Hope this generates interest for you.
Best wishes

russbost

posted on 27/2/13 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johnH20
Hi Russ,
Can't believe you have not tracked it before! I just love the through the suspension shots. Hope this generates interest for you.
Best wishes

One of those weird things, been planned on a no.of occasions & then put off due to anything from weather, family issues, personal injury, blah. blah, blah, but anyway, now I've broken the duck I will be planning more trackday useage!

Blackbird Rush

posted on 27/2/13 at 11:40 PM Reply With Quote
Nice!

The airfield (bovingdon) is just up the road from me, had a drifting day there last week!

It's too small really for track days , which is a shame , but it would be good as a test track or for sprints.

Ash.

russbost

posted on 28/2/13 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
There is a possibility the circuit may be extended, but no idea how certain that is, or when.

For me it was a great shakedown of the car, whilst still setup in full road trim (4.5" ground clearance!) & a chance for a few people to sample the passenger experience.

I've now added a 3rd & last video, visibly quicker on a dry track & knowing the circuit a bit better!

emwmarine

posted on 28/2/13 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by emwmarine
quote:

Link to fb videos

Link to YouTube videos

You're very welcome anytime we can make convenient & I'll promise not to try & sell you a kit or a car! Just give me a ring beforehand to make sure I'm around 07905 879407
Would happily take you out for a run when the weather is better, but I live down an unmade road & really don't like taking the car out much this time of year as it gets filthy if road is wet - if we get a dry spell however ..................
As you're local, you ought to come along to the Essex Kitcar club (essexkitcarclub.com) meets up at Chelmsford once a month, you'd be welcomed whether you're driving/building/or just dreaming about a car.

Wil take you up on that. Building a Dax Rush at the moment so not buying! When is the next Chelmsford meeting?

Building a Dax Rush.

scudderfish

posted on 28/2/13 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cloudy
Would be interested if they wanted to run a bring your own car trackday! On the doorstep...

James

Me too!

loggyboy

posted on 28/2/13 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scudderfish
quote:
Originally posted by cloudy

James

Me too!

I seem to recall a Autosolo being done their before.

Googling birings up few hits so it must be used for grass roots stuff. Not quite trackday speeds though.
https://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-practice-days/181123-simply-sideways-gymkhana-autosolo-5th-august-bovingdon-airfield-35-a.html

Mistral Motorsport

russbost

posted on 28/2/13 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
"Wil take you up on that. Building a Dax Rush at the moment so not buying! When is the next Chelmsford meeting?"

See www.essexkitcarclub.com we meet last Sunday of the month, so you've just missed this months, next one would normally be 31st Mar, but a few of us are going down to Brands for the Touring Cars, so I think it may be pulled forward a week to 24th, bjut info will be on the website in due course.

Re, the idea of "run your own kitcar" at the circuit, as I say it's not big enough for loads of cars on track at any one time, but if you're happy to do 3 lap sessions, then 3 laps to cool off for the Supercar runs & possibly a further 3 laps for hot passenger laps in either the Furore, Ktm Xbow or Atom & then a further 3 laps then it's a possibility I could suggest to the organisers - it would have to be limited to very small no.'s tho'

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.