Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone watched War of Thrones?
Jasper

posted on 2/3/13 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone watched War of Thrones?

Starting watching the first episode last night, got a bit bored and turned it off. Noticed that's it's got a staggering 9.4 on IMDB, so am I missing something, is it worth persevering with, or is it for the Dungeons and Dragons fraternity only?

I have to say Sean Bean put me off almost immediately!

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

rusty nuts

posted on 2/3/13 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
I assume you mean Game of Thrones ?I've read all of the books which I enjoyed, had Ihave seen the TV series first it would have put me off reading the books,I was very disappointed. Looking forward to the next books release. If you like that sort of thing I can recommend The Dragonbone Chair series of books by Tad Williams

[Edited on 2/3/13 by rusty nuts]

britishtrident

posted on 2/3/13 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
There has been much better drama on the BBC, Dancing on the Edge, The Spies of Warsaw and Ripper Street.
I am glad to see Ripper Street will be be back it was truly excellent.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

Slimy38

posted on 2/3/13 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
I do like it, although I do find it very heavy going.
Ivan

posted on 3/3/13 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
It's something I watch and enjoy - by far not the best I've watched but still watchable.
Benzine

posted on 3/3/13 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote

I like game of thrones. Peter Dinklage ftw. I wanted to be an extra for S3 but you need to be a Northern Ireland resident.

[Edited on 3-3-2013 by Benzine]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
v8kid

posted on 3/3/13 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
I read all the books and wished I hadn't. OK if you like coronation st otherwise there are more engaging writers.
IMHO of course

Cheers!

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
locogeoff

posted on 3/3/13 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
I love it, but have to admit it not the fastest paced drama on the TV. I was hooked after the first episode, but if it didn't hold your interest I'd bale out as it is going to suckup a lot of our time before it's finished.

It's epic, and gets more D&D as time goes on apparently.

Regards

Geoff

Jasper

posted on 5/3/13 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers chaps, already deleted it!!

Jasper

posted on 3/4/13 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
SPOILER ALERT

Well, after deleting it I decided to give it another try after reading some good reviews and downloaded it again (thank god for 60Mg cable!).

We've just finished watching the whole lot, 2 series and the first one of series 3 and we really love it. It took a couple of episodes to get into it, but then we were hooked! Good acting - mostly a british cast, superb quality totty who all get their kit off, and some great fighting, what more could you want!

There are some glaring plot holes for sure, the ridiculous siege of Kings Landing - it's never been defeated before and yet they have 20 foot castle walls that were over-run by a handful of men in about 15 minutes with two ladders!! But we can forgive them that

Favourite actor definitely Peter Dinklage, love his work especially The Station Agent and In Bruges.

[Edited on 3/4/13 by Jasper]

[Edited on 3/4/13 by Jasper]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.