Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: any advice
shaggy3000

posted on 30/9/04 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
any advice

Hi can anyone give me advice on building a locost to race i been thinking of building one for some time i read the manual over and over again but any advice from other racers would be great ( like mods to make to chassis and other bits) cheers lads

G.Leach

James

posted on 30/9/04 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
Read this section of the forum completely would be a start!

Good luck,

James

DickieB

posted on 30/9/04 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
Don't even think of building a chassis from the book - it won't fit together and it will take up so much of your time, compared to the cost of buying one. The main suppliers these days are Procomp, Stuart Taylor and Luego - all of which can be found on the web. After that, they're all the same! Read the regulations on the www.750mc.co.uk website as you are allowed a few mods over and above Ron's book. And then come along to a race and have a look at as many as you can to get some ideas!
Dickie
PS Double your budget, whatever it was!!!!!!! Only joking (ish)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blackie

posted on 30/9/04 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Hiya Shag,

The best thing you can do is come to a race meeting, where you'll get as much advice as you can handle!

We're a pretty amenable bunch really & I'm sure anyone in the field (myself included) would be happy to answer your queries. We're at Snetterton on 9th & 10th October, and Mallory Park on 24th October - I'll keep an eye out for you!!

All the best,
Dave Black(ie)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.