Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone on here have a Focus RS?
Jasper

posted on 23/3/13 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
Anyone on here have a Focus RS?

I've had my Focus ST for a year now and absolutely love it, fast, comfortable, practical, looks good (three door in black) and very reliable.

I'm thinking of upgrading to an RS later in the year, but a bit worried that I'll loose the comfort.

Anybody on here have an experience of them?

BTW - I'm not worried about the fuel economy, the ST with the remap only does 24mpg, but I don't do loads of miles.

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

MsD

posted on 23/3/13 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Mk1 or Mk2?

Ive got a mk1 and it doesnt let you forget your driving! From what ive heard mk2's are generally a lot easier to drive day to day- a pont thats obvious round where I live as for some reason 90% of Mk2's are driven by females...
... and we all know how much they complain

Mark.

[Edited on 23/3/13 by MsD]

Jasper

posted on 23/3/13 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
Mk2 for sure

westf27

posted on 23/3/13 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/ford/focus/rs-hatchback-2009-2010/review

comfortable,think its down to individual assesment

hootsno1

posted on 23/3/13 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
I don't have 1 but have delivered lots, the ride is a bit harder and the seats hug you better and looks 10 times better than the st. if you are looking for a green one look closely at the paint as it impossible to match the paint.

If a little hammer won't fix it get a bigger hammer

Jasper

posted on 23/3/13 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for that - green is not on the wish list, white or blue for me. Better find me one at a dealer and get a test drive.

sdh2903

posted on 23/3/13 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
You thought about tweaking the ST? I know the RS is more than just extra power but would still save a lot of money. I have an ST and did look at the RS but just couldn't justify the cost to myself.

Jasper

posted on 23/3/13 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, I have, but any money spent on the ST would be a waste when it comes to selling it. People don't want to buy tuned cars in my experience. I have a Dream Science tuning module which is superb - 5 maps depending on what I want, up to 275bhp, and it gets put back to stock when I sell it. If I start changing exhaust/intake etc etc I would have to put all the stock items back when I sell it and then loose money on them when i sell them on, and it's a lot of effort as well. And the tuning box adds 50bhp for £200 (second hand, and I'll sell it on for the same when I sell the car), to take it much further with new parts costs loads and doesn't had that much more power.

The RS is a lot more, but apparently it's a very different animal to the ST, not just in looks obviously, but in driving experience as well. And they hold they're value very well, good when it comes to selling it. And I do love the look of them!

I meet a guy with an ST at Brands, his was running 420bhp from a tuned RS engined, he'd spent a LOT of money on it and to be honest it looked a bit crap and he'd never get any of it back.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.