Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dummy spitting
jollygreengiant

posted on 29/3/13 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
Dummy spitting

Well last night I SPAT the 'dummy'.

Went out to work to find lots of drivers out, and one driver, a part-timer with a FULL time day job had taken £150 (minimum) of work out of my shift and no-one had consulted me, asked me or told me and it was being done almost on the QT. Took my personal stuff home, drove back to the office, walked 2.5(approx)miles home and slept like a baby. Might be looking for another job. Anyone know of a mechanics job going in the Northants area, preferably Kettering as that's where the wife works and we only have 1 car at the mo. ....................................................

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Mr Whippy

posted on 29/3/13 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
It is easier though to get another job if you are already in one even if it sucks and you hate it, besides you will still bring in some money while looking elsewhere. It might be worth going back, even eating humble pie if need be or just say you felt sick etc so had to go home in a hurry, then use the time to look around.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
T66

posted on 29/3/13 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
Jobs are thin on the ground, chill on it and go back, and keep a closer eye on the ball....

The companies money is as good as any other companies money....just take it, and sort yourself out another job on the QT

woodster

posted on 30/3/13 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
if it helps whenever some one at work pulls my chain and peas me off, i tell myself they're trying to get rid of me, trying to get under my skin and hoping to make my life so bad i'll get up and leave, which makes me mad as hell and determined theres no way i'll let the little worms get their way ............... You don't let them win, go back to work and stand your ground ....... its worked for me, i've been here 33years and man over that time have i pissed some people off who would love to see the back of me
Dangle_kt

posted on 30/3/13 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
if you walked out make sure you have a decent story, I walked out cos I was cross might be enough for the heave ho depending on what the company is like.

Docs note etc. might be a good move - but only you know how you left it.

Your obviously an intelligent bloke, get hold of all the HR policy stuff around grievances, and if you think you have good reason to be a aggrieved then USE THE PROCESS they have designed to raise it. All this give you legitimacy. If the job is good except for this issue then it might just be a misunderstanding, or someone not thinking straight - dont need to assume its personal.

Anyway - like has been said, take the wage, grind the hours out, work slowly, whatever - just give yourself enough time to look for something else that suits you. I've left places in the past and jumped into a WORSE company because I was rushing.

Thats my 5p worth anyway

All the best with whatever happens

blakep82

posted on 30/3/13 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
After I did the same sort of thing in 2009, took 3 years to get another job the wasn't temporary, and one I actually like doing. Bad times...
If its not too late, get to the docs for a stress related sick note. Not something I like suggesting to do, fraud lol, but it'll stop them flinging you out the door for a few months, while you sort out the next job

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Ninehigh

posted on 30/3/13 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by woodster
if it helps whenever some one at work pulls my chain and peas me off, i tell myself they're trying to get rid of me, trying to get under my skin and hoping to make my life so bad i'll get up and leave,

This is known as constructive dismissal, along with someone else taking a whole load of work off you (and it is contestable in court)

My opinion is if they pull you up on walking out I'd explain the situation and that the Michael was taken so far it's not yet been returned (otherwise known up here as "bang out of order" ) and since all my work had been taken from me why would I stick around?

jollygreengiant

posted on 30/3/13 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
Update

Well thanks for ALL the replies on forum/U2U and off forum.

About 13:43 Boss calls me and says we need to chat. 5 minutes later he's here. Any way, the long and the short of it all is that I was totally vindicated. The controller didn't have a clue and the fat tart that turned up and took all the work off of me was totally wrong. Boss has said sorry, just bide my time and see what sanctions are applied to the the 'other' driver.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

scootz

posted on 30/3/13 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote

It's Evolution Baby!

rusty nuts

posted on 30/3/13 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
Result Clive! You didn't "lean " on the boss did you
jollygreengiant

posted on 30/3/13 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Result Clive! You didn't "lean " on the boss did you

Nope, no leaning required. Apparently, the conversations in the 'office' the next morning were quite, shall we say, interesting.

The ONLY thing that really ticks me off about it is that I probably lost £100 on the shift. But on the bright side I have been sleeping like a baby since.

NeilP

posted on 30/3/13 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Blimey Clive - I'm off LCB for a day or two and it all kicks off - glad it sounds as though it's resolved now!

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

Dangle_kt

posted on 30/3/13 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
good news! There is often a way through situations, glad you are valued enough for your boss to make the first move
Ninehigh

posted on 31/3/13 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
good news! There is often a way through situations, glad you are valued enough for your boss to make the first move

+1

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.