Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: brake pedal travel ??
belgian2b

posted on 31/3/13 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
brake pedal travel ??

Hello,

my cat e1 build is almost finished.
electrics are almost done (everything is fine, but i still want to change the sierra indicator stalk for a granada/scorpio one), and i have to fix the bonnet and the nose cone.

But due to the weather, i haven't made any test ride for the moment.

I had to change the sierra brake master cylinder because it was leaking.

At that moment, i noticed that my brake pedal was hitting the panel between the pedal box and the engine bay when travelling full.
You have to know that the panel is not flat on the chassis tubes, but is protruding more than 1 cm inside the car.

So , i placed some inserts between the pedal box and the supports to give more travel to the pedal.
Now, when i mesure, i have 30 mm travel for the brake push bar and when i check on the master cylinder , i can only push the piston for 30 mm.

So, everything is fine, except that i have to make a new push bar between brake pedal and master cylinder.

So could you please confirm that i need 30 mm travel for my brake push bar, or can i keep the original setting ( this one gives me +/- 20 mm travel for the brake push bar).

Sorry for the long story,

Gerardo

Westy1994

posted on 31/3/13 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
No ones posted, so my view is, do what you have to to get the travel you feel is acceptable and stops the car, all builds will be different - so offering a confirmation is somewhat difficult.

Not the answer you wanted I'm sure but that's just my view...

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.