Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Westfield R & D for 2013
Westy1994

posted on 2/4/13 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
Westfield R & D for 2013

Just had this come through, thought I'd share.

------------
I would like to wish you and your families a belated Happy Easter and hope you all managed to have some fun in your cars over the weekend (weather allowing)!! We managed to get the Sport Turbo out but the wind was so cold that my hands stuck to the steering wheel making it impossible to turn a corner! My wife is also now suffering from a cold which I know doubt will get the blame for.

We are looking to finalise our Research and Development Programme for this year and wanted to have your, and your members, input into the list of ideas for parts they would like to see developed over the course of the next twelve months. We have a long list here that has been created by the Team at Westfield but we would like your involvement in the process. We obviously want to make this as easy as possible for you so we are happy to accept the ideas in whatever shape or form they come. However if you do manage to discuss them with members we have some headings listed so that we can trace who came up with the idea and what the idea is. If you want people to just email us directly we would also be happy to accept ideas on a one lined email

I am happy for you to forward the email onto members if you feel this would be quicker and less admin so that they can input directly to Russ and i.

Idea: Created By:

Carbon Half Doors Russ Lee

Carbon whiskers Julian Turner

Thank you once again for all your hard work and support through 2012/13 we look forward to having some memorable days out with you and the cars

Warm Regards

Julian

As it is so cold we will provide the best top two new ideas with warm Westfield jackets. We will hand the jackets out at stoneleigh or post them if they are not present

Julian Turner

Chief Executive Officer

Westfield Sportscars Limited

Potenza Sports Cars Limited

--------------------

renetom

posted on 3/4/13 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
Hi
We recently fitted an aero screen, which did not seem very effective.
Wondered if these might be effective ?

Vents to rear tub & to rear arches , help with the parachute effect ?
I'd love a wind tunnel but without one we fitted some ribbons to the
vents & certainly seems to exhaust the air very well.
Anything is worth a try on an aerodynamic brick.

Rear Vents
Rear Vents

fitted a pair of steel ski's to protect sump, only need 2 holes drilled in car
may add a little weight but have proved their weight in gold

working on an easy removable folding boot rack .

something to keep the front down would be nice.
other than a bag of cement.

René

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.