Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: the best bike engine to use ???
whpracer

posted on 2/10/04 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
the best bike engine to use ???

what is the best bike engine ( with a affordible price ) i can use for e seven ,
I'm kind of charmed by the st 1100 engine from a honda Pan European , Stuward-taylor uses them sometimes . but i'm not sure if it wil preform enough beause i intend to use the car on the track .
the engine doesn't have a poo load of horse power but is does have a fare amount op trough .
has anyone experince with this kind of engine ? of would it be better to look for a other engine , like a blade or a gsxr1100 ?

Hellfire

posted on 2/10/04 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
IMHO - the blade engine is the most proven though getting quite rare now... the new kid on the block R1 is becoming proven and is very very quick, though not as bulletproof as the blade... the Gixxer engines are also becoming popular and are reasonably reliable. If your budget allow's the 'busa is the one to go far... nothing comes even close...

HTH

JoelP

posted on 2/10/04 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
zx9 and 12 should be considered. the zx12 is nearly the same power as the busa. 178bhp. and the 9s are well cheap.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

OX

posted on 3/10/04 at 01:14 AM Reply With Quote
as hell fire says but i think the R1 is just as reliable as any

[Edited on 3/10/04 by OX]

phelpsa

posted on 3/10/04 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
If you are looking for value for money go for the older engines, CBR1000, gsxr1100, ZZR1000 etc. These tend to be better for road use as they are more calm than these modern bikes with 900ccs and 150bhp. Most of these older superbike engines will give a good 135bhp in a car and more talk than a blade could dream of.

Adam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
phelpsa

posted on 3/10/04 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
Did I mention that I saw a CBR 1000 engine on ebay that could be seen running in the bike go for £200.

Adam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
richardR1

posted on 3/10/04 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
Chris at Z Cars used to use ZX12's a lot but had one or two reliability issues with them. Now uses busa's when wanting monster power but need money spending on them for reliability in a car.

He had never used an R1 until my mate took him one to put in a RWD Mini for rallying (first Mini he ever did) Now he uses R1's in loads of stuff - just drop em in, slightly overfill with oil and go and abuse. 3 years abusive tarmac rallying later and engine still sweet as a nut despite 10k rpm clutch dumps off the line with ultra sticky tyres. Cheap too, paid a grand for my 2003 injected model with 1800 miles on. Best to buy as new and low mileage as you can afford.

Kissy

posted on 5/10/04 at 07:10 AM Reply With Quote
I can vouch for the CBR1000, I got mine with 1100 miles stolen recovered, full bike harness, ECU, carbs etc etc for £500. It puts out 130bhp as standard, I've put a Powerspeed manifold and made a pipercross filter go on a treat with a universal backplate (Peter Lloyd rallying). I reckon with a dyno run it'll go over 140 brake. It sounds fantastic, and as said elsewhere it has bucketfuls of torque. If you do go this route let me know, I've learnt a lot of lessons (some painful!). Try to get a late motor (CBR1000FP onwards?, must check the Haynes for that) with the Keihin VP flatslides on, and DO NOT buy a Dynojet kit!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.