Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Detling Kit Car Show This Weekend
mkblade1

posted on 11/4/13 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
Detling Kit Car Show This Weekend

Hi all anyone considering visiting the Detling kit car show this weekend and maybe leaving from Essex?

I'm thinking about it having taxed the MK in anticipation of us getting one dry warm day this year and looking at the weather this Sunday could be dry.

Macbeast

posted on 11/4/13 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
I am ( probably Sunday cos weather looks better than Saturday ) but going N London -> A2
Are SE Kit Car Club going ? They normally post intentions on here.

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

mkblade1

posted on 11/4/13 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
Hi mate I'm not sure, I will check the website, if the weather is good I will probably go for it.
bi22le

posted on 11/4/13 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
ill be going on Saturday. SKCC are meeting up before hand, going for a drive with a breakfast stop and arriving around mid day.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Talon Motorsport

posted on 13/4/13 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
So is it worth going on Sunday or not?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ASH3

posted on 14/4/13 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Did anyone go? Usually get a pic or two but not one mention...

greenwood03

posted on 14/4/13 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
as Wayne mentioned we (skcc) did attend, we rarely do both days at any show as for most of us sitting around is a waste of a weekends driving. This year we were worried about the overall - or rather likely overall size of the show and decided that we'd combine a meet/drive and a shorter stay at the Show itself in case it was sparse.

the weather predicted for Sat had the 'runners' making last minute switch to plans and today was D Day. We had about a dozen cars do the run with a few more going direct. I popped along in the tin top as mine is off the road at the mo.

Was it worth it?
always subjective as everyone has a different angle to these shows. I think for us the answer was yes. The guys had a good 90 miler down the twisties to the coast and back taking in brekkie en-route getting to the ground at Lunchtime. There was a reasonable amount of cars there but fewer traders due apparently to another large European Show. I guess if folks went looking for 20 sellers of carpet they'd be disappointed......

personally i like to support the local shows but they aren't my cup of tea, so using it as a meeting point to see old pals from other clubs or pals from our own club that have been hibernating was good. like i said, its a subjective view as i don't really like any show - even the fabled Stoneleigh......if i'm not after buying parts or a car, then looking at a shedload of westies/caterhams or whatever else holds little appeal - its the catching up with pals and driving that floats my boat, so the 'which manufacturers were there' question has no interest or relevance for me.

Looking at the parked cars there were obviously a number that were 'strangers'.....but not a whole heap, which would leave me to guess that it wasn't that well supported by folks from neighbouring counties - which is a pity.

http://southernkitcars.comIntermarque Club for owners in the South/South East

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.